Celebrity Superfan Roundtable on Live Now

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
are you listening? how is it so far? the last one was awesome. even all the tech problems were kinda cool. getting to hear them talk when they thought they were off air.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
Unfortunately I'm working and keep getting interrupted by "crisis" phone calls (the nerve!) but what I'm hearing is great.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Unfortunately I'm working and keep getting interrupted by "crisis" phone calls (the nerve!) but what I'm hearing is great.
glad to hear it, not the calls but the quality of the show. im going to have to check out the replay now.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Why wouldn't they advertise this?!?!? Ugh!
without a live stern show its way harder to get the word out there, but i did get a twitter update about it from H100 news this afternoon.

Ok don't worry as soon as it's over it'll be on the torrents and I'll post it here if someone wants.
cool. i thought id have to wait for the replay. the sites i go to only post live stern and the specials during vacations.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I don't know who posts the stuff on the newsgroups but during the week they post it hour by hour as soon as the 6-7 hour is over for example the will upload it immediately.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I only tuned in at 8:12pm, but this is already the best Celeb. SuperFan Roundtable EVER!

Seems like a huge lineup of Celebs, honesty from Gary about Artie, etc. Lovin' it!

So far I think I hear Probst, Natalie Maines, Bababooey, Sarah Silverman, Steven Weber, Ryan Phillipe, Damon Lindelof?, David Arquette... anyone else? Huuuuge.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
without a live stern show its way harder to get the word out there, but i did get a twitter update about it from H100 news this afternoon.
True, true. Am I not using Twitter properly? Unless I was on Twitter when the tweet went by, or if I thought to go check the H100 news tweets, how would anyone else have known about this via Twitter?

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Gary revealed a lot of stuff that was never mentioned before. I was shocked (even though I don't know why) when he said Artie told him LAST WEEKEND that he (Artie) has been clean for 6 months, and that is the longest he's been clean in like 10 years?!?! WOW. That means he was on something for at least half of his tenure on the Stern show. Total disrespect to the audience, the show, everyone.

Also thought it said a lot when Gary said he thought Artie was okay but not necessarily doing well. I think he phrased it differently but it sounded like he still thought Artie was in danger of doing something to himself, whether it was stabbing himself or just getting drunk/high or whatever.

Gary also said that Artie making a standup appearance was his therapist's suggestion... which immediately felt like b.s. Wouldn't a therapist be more likely to say that Artie has to be away from that for longer than 10 months? Anyway, my point is that Artie might be trying to sell his sh*t again that he is seeing a therapist, etc. when he is really not.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Clean for the past 6 months means he's been clean for only 3 weeks.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Anyway, my point is that Artie might be trying to sell his sh*t again that he is seeing a therapist, etc. when he is really not.
I believe his sister had this same point of view as well. That Artie was being tortured not interacting with people at all, and really needed to go out and do what he loved again.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Holy shit! Seems like Artie is doing the same thing as always. I would have thought he'd been drug free since his suicide attempt. Six months means he's done heroine ever since then. What the fuck.

You can't change some people. It's sad. Artie is a disgusting drug addict with no hope.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Holy shit! Seems like Artie is doing the same thing as always. I would have thought he'd been drug free since his suicide attempt. Six months means he's done heroine ever since then. What the fuck.
I agree with this statement; the rest, I do not.

Good call.