Here is a March 25 press release from SiriusXM. I will be certain to avoid listening to this countdown, thank you very much.
Blow your speakers out to the 500 greatest hip-hop songs ever on limited-run channel
Blow your speakers out to 500 of the best hip-hop songs the genre has to offer! From Dr. Dre to Kendrick Lamar, SiriusXM is giving you 500 reasons to bob your head with an epic week-long music countdown, Hip-Hop: Top 500 Tracks Of All Time, on Channel 30. Spanning over three-plus decades, this definitive countdown will feature the old and the new, including favorites by The Notorious B.I.G., Run-D..M.C., Ice Cube and so many more. Spend this social distancing time getting re-acclimated with your favorite MCs or being introduced to new rappers on Channel 30 from Wednesday, March 25 at 9 AM ET through Wednesday, April 1.
If anybody cares, here are the top ten songs from the Top 500 Hip-Hop Tracks countdown. Chart positions are from the Billboard R&B chart. Straight Outta Compton became a hit in 2015 after it was re-released in conjunction with the N.W.A. biographical movie with the same title.
1. Nuthin' But A "G" Thang - Dr. Dre/Snoop Dogg (1/1993)
2. The Message - Grandmaster Flash/Melle Mel/Duke Bootee (4/1982)
3. Rapper's Delight - Sugarhill Gang (4/1979)
4. In My Feelings - Drake (1/2018)
5. California Love - 2 Pac/Dr. Dre/Roger Troutman (1/1996)
6. King Of Rock - Run-DMC (14/1985)
7. Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A. (--/1988, 13/2015)
8. Hypnotize - The Notorious B.I.G./Pam Long (1/1997)
9. Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J (12/1991)
10. Push It - Salt-N-Pepa (28/1988)
The Top 1000 Country Hits is now on the Sirius XM app channel 742. I've been trying to annotate the entire playlist. Only got about a quarter so far. It takes about 2.2 days to go through all 1000 songs.