Companies That Might Go Out Of Business

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I read an interesting article about a year ago, which explained why the economic recovery did not lead to a retail recovery (as one would expect); and it didn't blame it all on Amazon. It said that social media has caused a shift in priorities, for what people want to spend their money on. Less on retail, more on restaurants and vacations. Why? Because nobody posts pictures of the shoes they just bought, but people like sharing images of their meals and travels with friends.
I was with you up to "nobody posts pictures of the shoes they just bought". Actually, people post a lot of picture of the shoes they just bought. They have apps dedicated to helping them buy shoes (from brick and mortar retailers) without standing in line. They are insane for sneakers.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was with you up to "nobody posts pictures of the shoes they just bought". Actually, people post a lot of picture of the shoes they just bought. They have apps dedicated to helping them buy shoes (from brick and mortar retailers) without standing in line. They are insane for sneakers.
I see few shoes on my feeds. But I am obviously not in the same fashion class as yourself.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Yes, there are definitely forums where people posts pictures of the shoes they bought. I'm sure there are forums dedicated to it (we have one). Just like wristwatches. But on Facebook and similar places, there are few posts of that stuff. I don't post it there, and neither does anyone I've seen. Now if someone goes to a wedding, or out to dinner, or to a resort, they'll share a pic of themselves wearing those shoes and watch.