Companies That Might Go Out Of Business

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
GNC doesn't surprise me. I could never figure out how they could afford all of those buildings anyway.

Sears will go at some point.

Guitar Center can shut down any time now. They have done more to ruin locally owned guitar stores for years. Unfortunately, it won't be soon enough.

One of these years, this list might get a couple of em right.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
99 Cents Only Stores? So if the stores close down, we can simply buy them for a buck now.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Back in 2000, I was training a guy that used to work at a Sam’s Club in Sioux City, Iowa.

He told me that there was twice as many Sam’s Clubs than Costcos, but they only did half the business

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Exactly. You did not shop at Sam's and now they have closed because if it.

T.U.F.F. reason why I don't support Sam's. Because Wal-Mart owns them and they have closed a lot of small business and now it's there turn to be punished. Yea, Costco probably has done the same. But they are not the evil corporation like Wal-Mart. I don't like seeing people losing their jobs, but they will find something soon.

Plus Costco offers better comparable prices over Sam's Club, beside the membership area. But the membership is only a once a year fee for me.

Consumer Reports put Costco and Sam's Club head-to-head — here's the verdict

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Originally we had records, 8 tracks, cassette tapes, cd's, etc. Then MP3 took over and now streaming services.

Not a company going under, but Best Buy will stop selling CDs.

Music CDs fading fast as Best Buy may hit 'eject' button

Who else may be next stop selling CD's Target, Wal-Mart, etc?

Who know if DVD's are still popular, we have Blu Ray's and now 4k Ultra HD is moving in. But digital downloads are still strong and little by little could do away with DVD's?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I like dvds. Don't own 1 digital movie. Don't use cds anymore. When I get one I digitize it and file it.

Do have some blue ray but they won't play on my computer.
Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk