Concerts you have attended?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I knew that. We've talked about that sushi place in Canton (I think.)
And you did say GR. That shot right past me.
Where is Rammstein playing?

Heh, yep - O'sushi. Visit their Dearborn location quite frequently.

Rammstein is playing at The Palace of Auburn Hills on May 6th.

Oh, and for you Eddie Trunk fans, "That Metal Tour" is apparently hitting Harpos in Detroit on June 16th.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Heh, yep - O'sushi. Visit their Dearborn location quite frequently.

Rammstein is playing at The Palace of Auburn Hills on May 6th.

Oh, and for you Eddie Trunk fans, "That Metal Tour" is apparently hitting Harpos in Detroit on June 16th.

How did I miss the Rammstein????
Damn.

O'Sushi, that's it. I never managed to stop in for lunch when I was working on that project up there. Man. Now I want sushi....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to the Death to All tour stop in Chicago. Which is essentially a reunion for most of the former members of the band Death in memory of Chuck Schuldiner. It's also a benefit for the Sweet Relief charity.

Richard Christy is about the only living ex Death member who isn't advertised on the roster.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Trooper
April Wine (in 1980 and 2011)
Prism
Rush
Eric Clapton
Bryan Adams
U2
Pink Floyd
Bruce Springsteen * 2
Glass Tiger
Donny Osmand (my wife made me)
Blue Rodeo
Don Henley / Katrina & the Waves

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Trooper
April Wine (in 1980 and 2011)
Prism
Rush
Eric Clapton
Bryan Adams
U2
Pink Floyd
Bruce Springsteen * 2
Glass Tiger
Donny Osmand (my wife made me)
Blue Rodeo
Don Henley / Katrina & the Waves

Don't you guys get kicked out of the country and lose your citizenship if you don't see Rush every 4 years? I think I've seen them 8 or 9 times or so.

One of these days I need to grab my ticket stubs and list em all out. Too many to remember.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Don't you guys get kicked out of the country and lose your citizenship if you don't see Rush every 4 years? I think I've seen them 8 or 9 times or so.

One of these days I need to grab my ticket stubs and list em all out. Too many to remember.

I saw them only once -- 1980. Won a free "Rock Ride" to Winnipeg to see them (lived in Regina, SK at the time).

Manco

Oct 14, 2008

Rush time machine tour was incredible, worth seeing more than once for sure.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Incredible is the right word indeed! I would have seen them twice if I could have this tour.

I think another new tune is supposed to be released soon.

I like those guys, but man, they never give a break on ticket pricing. I think last time was almost $100 here. I'm not THAT big of a fan. (I'd pay $100 to see The Descendents, though :bluecool: )

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I like those guys, but man, they never give a break on ticket pricing. I think last time was almost $100 here. I'm not THAT big of a fan. (I'd pay $100 to see The Descendents, though :bluecool: )

Between TicketBastard and poor CD sales, concert prices have gone through the roof in general. Tours are where bands are making their money these days. It used to be the other way around. They would barely make any money on concerts, but the tour would generate lots of record sales.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Incredible is the right word indeed! I would have seen them twice if I could have this tour.

I think another new tune is supposed to be released soon.
From wiki: The next single, titled "Headlong Flight", is expected to be released on the radio tomorrow April 19 (maybe on Classic Rewind or Ozzy's Boneyard)

I can't wait for the new Rush album- Eddie Trunk has been playing the 2 new songs Caravan & BU2B for close to a year now! Still a long time to wait- November
220px-Rush_Clockwork_Angels_Artwork.jpg

Clockwork Angels Track Listing
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden

Just got this email from 'Classic Rock"

GET RUSH'S NEW ALBUM... A MONTH EARLY

Classic Rock’s latest Fan Pack - dedicated to Rush's hotly anticipated new album Clockwork Angels - arrives in June.
An exclusive Fan Pack edition of Rush’s long-awaited new album Clockwork Angels goes on sale on June 11 – a month before its regular UK release.
With 132 information-packed pages, the album-plus-magazine Fan Pack is 100 per cent Rush-approved and contains brand new, in-depth and revealing interviews with Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart.
The package includes an examination of the group’s 20th studio album with help from members of the Manic Street Preachers, Porcupine Tree and Mastodon, Rush producers Terry Brown, Rupert Hine and Peter Collins, and many more.
There are also interviews with the men behind Rush’s award-winning documentary Beyond The Lighted Stage,, and Gene Simmons talks about taking the young Rush out as Kiss’s support band back in the 1970s.
Additionally. the Fan Pack boasts a world-exclusive interview with Rush’s long-standing art director, Hugh Syme, who created the band’s iconic ‘star man’ logo.
All of this (plus rare photographs from the group’s personal archives) means the Fan Pack is a real must-have for Rush fans. The package also contains a free ‘star man’ key ring.
Classic Rock Presents Rush: Clockwork Angels Fan Pack | My Favourite Magazines

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Last edited:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
To my embarrassment, I have to admit I've seen REO Speedwagon twice and the Indigo Girls four times, including once at Lilith Fair. :blush:

I've also seen:

Public Enemy
Rush
The Smithereens
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Three Dog Night
Matchbox 20 (wife wanted to go)
Def Leppard
James Taylor (wife's birthday)
Jimmy Buffet
Styx
B.B. King
Allison Krauss
Matthew Sweet
Spin Doctors

and probably some others.

The Dave Matthews Band played at my sophomore year end-of-school dorm party in college in 1992, before they were big. No one paid any attention. Just another local band.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I would have loved to see the Smithereens in their heyday. Heard they put on a hell of a show. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are playing not far from where I'm at, but again, no money, no go.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I would have loved to see the Smithereens in their heyday. Heard they put on a hell of a show. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are playing not far from where I'm at, but again, no money, no go.

They were good. I got to interview Pat DiNizio and the band afterwards for the campus radio station. I have their autographs on my backstage pass.

Pat and his Strat. He's a fat bastard these days.

PatDiNizio.JPG

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The video to the Smithereen's best song, "Behind the Wall of Sleep":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNZbP3ZVem4]The Smithereens - Behind The Wall Of Sleep - YouTube[/ame]

She stood just like Bill Wyman

bill-wyman.jpg

Stones bassist Bill Wyman and his upright playing style.

She had hair like Jeannie Shrimpton back in 1965. She had legs that never ended...

Shrimpton+3.jpg

British model Jean Shrimpton in 1965 in one of the first miniskirts showing off her long skinny legs, which was not the norm for models in the 1960s (contrast with "full figured" Marilyn Monroe).

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Okay, I'm on a roll. "Blue Period" is a great duet with Pat and Belinda Carlisle. She shows some nice harmonies in this video. Plus, she's as fine as the day is long--as gorgeous as Pat is fugly. That woman had a jaw like Supergirl.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uf0ga085hQ&feature=related]Smithereens With Belinda Carlisle - Blue Period - YouTube[/ame]

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
They were good. I got to interview Pat DiNizio and the band afterwards for the campus radio station. I have their autographs on my backstage pass.

Pat and his Strat. He's a fat bastard these days.

PatDiNizio.JPG

Holy crap, yeah, he's getting a bit chubby there - he used to be scrawny... They were an awesome band to see live. Saw them at the Power Center in Ann Arbor a looonngg time back. Great stuff.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
From wiki: The next single, titled "Headlong Flight", is expected to be released on the radio tomorrow April 19 (maybe on Classic Rewind or Ozzy's Boneyard)

I can't wait for the new Rush album- Eddie Trunk has been playing the 2 new songs Caravan & BU2B for close to a year now! Still a long time to wait- November
220px-Rush_Clockwork_Angels_Artwork.jpg

Clockwork Angels Track Listing
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden

Just got this email from 'Classic Rock"

Classic Rock Presents Rush: Clockwork Angels Fan Pack | My Favourite Magazines

You the MAN!
Looking forward to the new album.
I can't believe that they are already going back out on tour! They have been off the road for less than a year, and they completed the album during that period too.

I only got to see the Time Machine tour once, so at least I'll get to see them again soon.

Good find Mike! :agree: