Concerts you have attended?

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by Wolf, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm seeing Rammstein in couple more weeks, I'm looking forward towards that concert! :buttrock:
  2. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Saw them last night - you are in for a treat. I suggest earplugs, but then I'm one of those guys who wants to still have my hearing when I'm 65 so I always wear them. :D Let's just say that it was probably one of the loudest shows I've been to ever. And I've been to a lot of shows.

Crappy iPhone pix - but you get the idea :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That looks insane!
    Wish it had been in the cards for me.

I did pick up VH tickets this weekend.
    Just hope they don't implode before the show this summer. :bitingnails:
  4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Are you gonna get there in time for Kool and the Gang? :D
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's one of Bob Marley's kids, Ky-Mani Marley. Another interesting pick. The air should smell very sweet indeed. :smoke:
  6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I remember the Eagles concert, I had three guys on either side of me smokin' the ganja. I was feeling no pain that night!
  7. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

The loudest show I've been too was Ozzfest in I think 2003 in Atlanta with Slipknot and Black Sabbath was headliner. I was in the 2nd row right behind the pit in front but it was still way louder than I'm used to. Slipknot was so loud they sounded terrible and Black Sabbath was absolutely ear splitting. It was actually kind of painful.

The worst concert I've been too was the opposite problem. I saw Def Leppard in Denver at Fiddler's Green and they played so low you could talk over it. Sucked. I think there was some kinda noise law there, so why they played there instead of Red Rocks or McNichols I'll never know.
  8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wonder whose bright-ass idea it was to put a outdoor amphitheater in a residential district. I saw R.E.M. there with Sonic Youth and they were pretty loud, but not nearly as loud as Whitesnake was at McNichols.
  9. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Oh yeah - Decided at the last minute to get my Power Metal on...

Sabaton!

[​IMG]

Got some great shots with the S95 - however, here is a crappy iPhone pic because I am too lazy to deal with the others right now. :)

Definitely go see them if you like songs about Death, War, Panzers, War, and Death and War.
  10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yesterday I was attended the 2012 Mayhem Fest all day with my brother-in-law, some friends and it f'ing rocked! Here the bands that appeared and some pics I took.

Mayhem Fest 2012
    Anthrax
    As I Lay Dying
    Asking Alexandria
    Back From Ashes
    Betraying The Martyrs
    Devil Wears Prada
    Dirtfedd
    I The Breather
    Motorhead
    Slayer
    Slipknot
    Upon A Burning Body
    White Chapel

Upon A Burning Body playing with a guy in a wheel chair crowd surfing
    [​IMG]
    Slayer
    [​IMG]
    Slipknot
    [​IMG]
    Dumbass fan arrested for after getting into a fight.
    [​IMG]
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Looks like a good time Wolf!

PS
    VH did officially cancel the Toledo show. We half expected it when we bought the tickets, but we get a full refund, so what the hell.
    Word has it that they are going to play the Super Bowl half-time show.
  12. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Cool - Looks like a good time was had - especially by that dumbass :D

I think I'm passing on Mayhem, but could still be talked into it if my friends twist my arm. I'll already be seeing Down By Law on the 17th and Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden on the 18th - so it will be a busy week here.

Last month I caught Against Me! and Billy Bragg - had a blast at both shows.
    Here's a snap of Billy...

[​IMG]
  13. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Genesis
    Pink Floyd
    Yes
    Natalie Merchant
    Spyro Gyra
    Kiss
    Ted Nugent
    Dixie Chicks (played out company Christmas Party)
    Reo Speedwagen
    Journey
    Keb Mo
    Crack The Sky
  14. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Saw them in concert last night.
    Great show, played all the hits. Their voices still blend incredibly well together.

Stephen Stills on lead guitar... wow!
    Dude proved why he's on Rolling Stones list of 100 greatest guitarists.
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

With Super Bowl weekend, one of my local country stations were handing out some free tickets called "The Night Before" concert and I got hold of couple of free tickets. So I'm checking out Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean and Dierks Bentley tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
  16. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I hope you like trucks and the words "sugar shaker."

I'd have put those suckers on eBay faster than you can say "I'd rather see Nickelback."
    HecticArt likes this.
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

They sound more like a punishment than a prize.
    Casual Fan and semipenguin like this.
  18. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I'm going to take Meme Girl to see Fall Out Boy at the Houston Rodeo in March.

I've already started learning all the lyrics so I can sing them loudly while I dance to all of their songs. I think I'll dress like a cowboy. Or a cow.
    Wolf, semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  19. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Just ordered tickets for Rock on the Range 2015. It's not till May. Some good bands this year. 3 days of fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    Wolf, HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

They have been playing commercials on the radio for it. Sounds like a good lineup.