Concerts you have attended?

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by Wolf, Dec 28, 2008.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

Going to see the Eagles next July.

HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think we're going to see ELO in August.

3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I have tickets to Weird Al Yankovic's intimate acoustic tour in the spring.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

Saw Terri Clark last night. My wife's choice but was an excellent concert.

semipenguin likes this.
  5. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

Canadians unite

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

Saw the Eagles last night in Toronto. Absolutely amazing. Once of my best concerts.
    While waiting, I read that Bob Segar was resuming his tour. Found he wasn't coming to Toronto but was going to Columbus on a weekend next January. Bought tickets. Cheap seats (in US$) but for 3 of us with fees wound up a bit of cash. But he has been on my bucket list for a while and now we will be going.

Next concerts for me are Lynard Skynard + 38 Special and then Culture Club (with Boy George). Both in August.

Aaron likes this.
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

Also saw Finger Eleven + I Mother Earth a while back. My wife's choice. Not a bad show. Finger Eleven was much better live band (of the 2).

HecticArt likes this.
  8. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

A few weeks ago, I saw Hall & Oates, and Train. Good show by all.

JHDK likes this.
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I Mother Earth doesn't tour very often, do they? Edwin sang on Alex Lifeson's solo project, Victor. I liked it.

We have tickets to see ELO this August, and Steely Dan in September. I'm still waiting for Tool to get back out on the road.

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

They sounded good. But lead singer just stands there and sings. Not great stage presence.

I think lead singer recently rejoined the band.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

HecticArt likes this.
  11. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

So many nostalgia acts.

HecticArt likes this.
  12. IdRatherBeSkiing

There is nobody doing music today I want to see (or hear for that matter).

13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Listen harder.

14. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I think the proper response is "I stopped listening to new music after 1984, so I don't have an interest in contemporary music". (Although Finger Eleven is a band from the 2000s playing retro rock).

It's like how I pretty-much stopped watching baseball after 1984. I don't boast about how it was better back then, or that it's not good now; it's just not something I'm interested in spending my time with.

I went with my daughter to Boston Calling a couple of months ago. We saw The Killers, Portugal.The Man, The National (me), Paramore (her), and Maggie Rogers. Had an awesome time. We just did Friday night; on the other days, they had a lot of other great bands, like the Decemberists, Jack White, Queens of the Stone Age, St. Vincent, Fleet Foxes, etc., but I didn't feel like taking up residence there.

memebag likes this.
  15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

My daughter was very excited to see Weezer, The Pixies and The Wombats a few weeks ago. She's into The Wombats the most, but surprised her friends by knowing the lyrics to all of The Pixies' songs. I didn't go because I love The Pixies, but damn, their last great album was 27 years ago. Time to move on.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  16. IdRatherBeSkiing

No thanx.

17. IdRatherBeSkiing

Actually it was more like 2000ish although I stopped listening to top40 radio about 1985. Rock radio then alternative after that.

18. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

That reminds me of a clip I saw, of the fantastic artist Jade Bird doing a Pixies cover. She was only about 16 when she performed this

19. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Sometimes it feels like I've found all of the good music ever created and everything is crap. The late 1980s were like that. But then I stumble upon something I never knew existed and get excited all over again.

Right now I'm so digging this song:

I'd never heard of Uriel/Arzachel/Egg until earlier this week. Now I'm exploring a bunch of related late 60s underground psychedelia. And it's connected to this "library music" that was used for film "snipes":

After listening to these for a few days, I realized they're basically the same melody as this:

And this:

20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Music is all so subjective. The right thing hits at the right time, and it's magic.

I had that reaction when NIN's Pretty Hate Machine dropped"