Concerts you have attended?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Saw the Eagles last night in Toronto. Absolutely amazing. Once of my best concerts.
While waiting, I read that Bob Segar was resuming his tour. Found he wasn't coming to Toronto but was going to Columbus on a weekend next January. Bought tickets. Cheap seats (in US$) but for 3 of us with fees wound up a bit of cash. But he has been on my bucket list for a while and now we will be going.

Next concerts for me are Lynard Skynard + 38 Special and then Culture Club (with Boy George). Both in August.

Reactions: Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Also saw Finger Eleven + I Mother Earth a while back. My wife's choice. Not a bad show. Finger Eleven was much better live band (of the 2).
I Mother Earth doesn't tour very often, do they? Edwin sang on Alex Lifeson's solo project, Victor. I liked it.

We have tickets to see ELO this August, and Steely Dan in September. I'm still waiting for Tool to get back out on the road.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I Mother Earth doesn't tour very often, do they? Edwin sang on Alex Lifeson's solo project, Victor. I liked it.

We have tickets to see ELO this August, and Steely Dan in September. I'm still waiting for Tool to get back out on the road.
They sounded good. But lead singer just stands there and sings. Not great stage presence.

I think lead singer recently rejoined the band.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
There is nobody doing music today I want to see (or hear for that matter).
I think the proper response is "I stopped listening to new music after 1984, so I don't have an interest in contemporary music". (Although Finger Eleven is a band from the 2000s playing retro rock).

It's like how I pretty-much stopped watching baseball after 1984. I don't boast about how it was better back then, or that it's not good now; it's just not something I'm interested in spending my time with.

I went with my daughter to Boston Calling a couple of months ago. We saw The Killers, Portugal.The Man, The National (me), Paramore (her), and Maggie Rogers. Had an awesome time. We just did Friday night; on the other days, they had a lot of other great bands, like the Decemberists, Jack White, Queens of the Stone Age, St. Vincent, Fleet Foxes, etc., but I didn't feel like taking up residence there.

Reactions: memebag

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My daughter was very excited to see Weezer, The Pixies and The Wombats a few weeks ago. She's into The Wombats the most, but surprised her friends by knowing the lyrics to all of The Pixies' songs. I didn't go because I love The Pixies, but damn, their last great album was 27 years ago. Time to move on.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think the proper response is "I stopped listening to new music after 1984, so I don't have an interest in contemporary music". (Although Finger Eleven is a band from the 2000s playing retro rock).

It's like how I pretty-much stopped watching baseball after 1984. I don't boast about how it was better back then, or that it's not good now; it's just not something I'm interested in spending my time with.

I went with my daughter to Boston Calling a couple of months ago. We saw The Killers, Portugal.The Man, The National (me), Paramore (her), and Maggie Rogers. Had an awesome time. We just did Friday night; on the other days, they had a lot of other great bands, like the Decemberists, Jack White, Queens of the Stone Age, St. Vincent, Fleet Foxes, etc., but I didn't feel like taking up residence there.
Actually it was more like 2000ish although I stopped listening to top40 radio about 1985. Rock radio then alternative after that.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
My daughter was very excited to see Weezer, The Pixies and The Wombats a few weeks ago. She's into The Wombats the most, but surprised her friends by knowing the lyrics to all of The Pixies' songs. I didn't go because I love The Pixies, but damn, their last great album was 27 years ago. Time to move on.
That reminds me of a clip I saw, of the fantastic artist Jade Bird doing a Pixies cover. She was only about 16 when she performed this

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Sometimes it feels like I've found all of the good music ever created and everything is crap. The late 1980s were like that. But then I stumble upon something I never knew existed and get excited all over again.

Right now I'm so digging this song:

I'd never heard of Uriel/Arzachel/Egg until earlier this week. Now I'm exploring a bunch of related late 60s underground psychedelia. And it's connected to this "library music" that was used for film "snipes":

After listening to these for a few days, I realized they're basically the same melody as this:

And this:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Music is all so subjective. The right thing hits at the right time, and it's magic.

I had that reaction when NIN's Pretty Hate Machine dropped"