Concerts you have attended?

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
We saw Michael Franti & Spearhead last night. He was surprisingly good; he gives 100% to the audience, and he's just a nice guy. Mrs Scotch participated in the pre-concert yoga session he hosted.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
1nzWdl9.jpg

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Eagles did their second show in Toronto last night. I did not attend but local radio station did a "concert after the concert" where they played an hours worth of Eagles tunes. Basically every non-solo non-cover and non-album cut they did at the show less only a couple songs. In the concert order. It was a nice memory (although I do have a concert playlist on my phone).

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So you guys wanted to do yoga? Interesting concept.
This was my post
Mrs Scotch participated in the pre-concert yoga session he hosted.
Not that it should matter, but I clearly stated that she does yoga, while I do not. However, I'm at a loss to understand the sarcasm. Is only yoga bad? Or is any form of exercise/exertion/physical activity/conditioning bad? Or perhaps you're implying that yoga doesn't require effort, or has no benefit? Should we all be keeping healthy only by sitting in our La-Z-Boys, drinking a Molson, and listening to Foghat?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I haven't been to an concert in years and if I could afford tickets. These are two back to back concerts coming to Phoenix, I would love to attend.

concerts.png

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
There haven't been many good concerts (of the newer acts) coming around here when I could make it.
There's been a few at the outdoor venues by Detroit, but I've had bad luck with rain at outdoor shows the last few years, so I've been avoiding them.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
There haven't been many good concerts (of the newer acts) coming around here when I could make it.
There's been a few at the outdoor venues by Detroit, but I've had bad luck with rain at outdoor shows the last few years, so I've been avoiding them.
Sometimes I wish I was one of those people (like a few fat-wallet friends) who goes to every concert of interest to them. It takes a vast amount of money, planning, and flexibility to do. I'd see all the new acts, as well as the nostalgia shows. I'd get VIP seats, and have transportation and parking arrangements. I'd have dinner at the ritzy restaurants near the venues.

But I have other priorities, and other commitments for my spending money. Plus, I'm too old to mingle with the crowds for the up-and-coming performers.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Phish is playing in Alpharetta GA next Fri-Sun. I put some serious thought into going to the Sat 8.4 show but have decided against it. I'd have to drive about 650 miles to get there and it's sold out so I'd have to buy a StubHub ticket. A little quick math and the cheapest I could possibly make that trip would have me still spending a minimum of $400...and that's with either driving home after or sleeping in the van.

On a positive note though, Phish does this LivePhish thing these days. They stream a bunch of their shows live for $24. I've never bought a 'couch tour' ticket before and I think I'll take maybe $100 of what I would have spent to go there and stream the show and use the rest to buy the streaming pass to their Curveball festival from 8.17-8.19. It's clearly not the same but a lot cheaper and I'll get to check out all 3 nights of the fest - 3 shows and on the Sat show they will play an extra, 3rd set. Something they always do on the middle day of their fests.

295a2eb702bb02d4dabacba2a13c27b7.jpg

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The sound quality will be better at home, and you'll actually be able to see the band.
Mrs. Scotch just went to a local concert where a friend had an extra ticket. It was Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon, and Tonic. She said the sound was lousy - the vocals were oversaturated and distorted. She also had to stand, after standing at work for 5 hours. Not a great time.