Concerts you have attended?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
We've been to several concerts this millennium, including Eric Burdon, Kim Carnes, Glen Campbell, Hall & Oates, Air Supply and the Association -- and I hesitate to mention them because I know you'll point out that all those artists were from the last millennium.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
We've been to several concerts this millennium, including Eric Burdon, Kim Carnes, Glen Campbell, Hall & Oates, Air Supply and the Association -- and I hesitate to mention them because I know you'll point out that all those artists were from the last millennium.

That hasn’t stopped me.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
When my wife and I saw Eric Burdon, he was either slightly drunk or slightly high. Perhaps both. He did the uptempo songs quite well but he slurred several words in the ballads. He even forgot some of the words of The House Of The Rising Sun and then, to cover his lapse, asked the audience to finish the song!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
When my wife and I saw Eric Burdon, he was either slightly drunk or slightly high. Perhaps both. He did the uptempo songs quite well but he slurred several words in the ballads. He even forgot some of the words of The House Of The Rising Sun and then, to cover his lapse, asked the audience to finish the song!
They all do that. Either because they forgot the words, or are so sick of singing them that they just can't muster up the will to sing them anymore.

Oh, he may have been a drunk and high combo. (See note above.)

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
On March 19 – Go look! – I mentioned this year's upcoming Woodstock 50th anniversary music festival. Well.......

Woodstock Organizers Cancel 50th Anniversary Festival
It's probably canceled, but this article is more mixed.
Woodstock 50 might be canceled, but also it might not be - CNN

Just yesterday, I heard Sirius XM dj Kristine Stone chuckle her way through a chat about the lineup of Woodstock 50. She never says anything remotely funny, yet she's in a constant state of cracking herself up.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Bought a 4 pack at a small local venue for the next season.

— Burton Cummings 2019/11. Night before we leave for Barbados.
— Crash Test Dummies 2020/02. Right before my birthday.
— Bay City Rollers 2020/03. My wife likes them. They have 1 good song.
— April Wine 2020/04 3rd time seeing them.

This adds to my summer concerts of Weird Al Yankovik and Queen. Both of these are 2nd viewings for me.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
All the cool kids call them "TOP". Memegirl digs them. She hates it when I call them "The Twenty One Pilots", or ask what happened to the other 19.

It seems you did get the same reaction to your joke.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Going with my son and his cousins in June to see 21 pilots in Columbus OH.

This was a cool concert. The light show and the props were outstanding. The singer walked over the standup crowd to a 2nd stage for a set and then walked back. The music was good although generally unfamiliar. My son really enjoyed it.

Next up Weird Al in Toronto the day we get back.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The oldness is a problem with seeing bands from the 70s & 80s. Saw April Wine several years back and I don't know what was more disconcerting ... the old band or the people with walkers and oxygen in the audience. The old ladies in the mosh pit was also a bit disturbing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Weird Al was fantastic. Saw him one week ago. A great entertainer. This tour was called "Strings attached". I thought it was just a pun but he has a 41 piece symphony orchestra that plays with him. They opened by doing some movie themes. Outdoor venue and the weather co-operated. Nice night no rain.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Adding the Rolling Stones to my list. Saw them Monday night at the Superdome.
They look so old, but great performers and musicians still. Great show.
Friends of mine saw them a week ago in Boston. Jagger is like the energizer bunny.

It amazes me how some of these front men seem to be superhuman; they're more agile at 70 than I was at 17. Off the top of my head, I can name Jagger, Springsteen, Roger Daltrey, Paul Rodgers. I saw Jon Anderson of Yes and he was more fit than I ever was. When Def Leppard got inducted into the RRHOF this year, they performed live, and the guitar player is totally ripped. I guess these guys picked the right career.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
We thought about seeing the Stones on this tour, but decent tickets were crazy expensive. We're more Beatles then Stones anyway, so we passed. Still not sure if it was the right choice.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Weird Al was fantastic. Saw him one week ago. A great entertainer. This tour was called "Strings attached". I thought it was just a pun but he has a 41 piece symphony orchestra that plays with him. They opened by doing some movie themes. Outdoor venue and the weather co-operated. Nice night no rain.
I've seen him twice. The "Mandatory Fun" show was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.