Concerts you have attended?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
If realizing most of the members of those bands are in their late 60s or early 70s doesn't make you feel old, how about this: Lance Hoppen, the bass player for Orleans, was playing with Firefall because their regular bassist was home, recovering from hip surgery. The song Too Old To Rock & Roll, Too Young To Die comes to mind.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
They are, and they hold-up live. I especially like that they do the complete album version of each song, not the radio edit. They did the piano solo before Does Anybody Know What Time it Is, the drum solo on I'm a Man, the instrumental ending to Hard to Say I'm Sorry, etc. It shows their true respect for the music.
If you like Chicago, I'd recommend watching this one. It's a few bucks on YouTube, or free on Amazon Prime.
This is the trailer.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've got Billy Idol coming up in Vegas in October, and I'm hoping to get my hands on tickets to see Tool in Detroit soon.
It's going to sell out crazy fast.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Got my tickets for Tool.
Pretty close to the stage, but off to the side, so the view will be rather oblique. Should be pretty good. They put on pretty elaborate shows.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Bob Segar's final tour has been extended again and has a date in Toronto. If tickets are reasonable, I will go to see him again. He would fit between The Band Perry and Styx in the list chronologically.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Ok, I have 6 upcoming concerts booked through April. Some of them are my wife's choice. Others are mine. Here they are in order of attendence:
  • The Band Perry
  • Styx
  • Burton Cummings
  • Crash Test Dummies
  • Bay City Rollers
  • April Wine
Scatch "The Band Perry" from the list. They just cancelled their show.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Did they give a reason?

They are spending too much time working on a new album and wanted to give that their full attention was the reason. I suspect the real reason is that this show was not a sellout (not great venue) and would have not made them any money. But they can't really come out and say that. Below is the official letter.

Hi live event fan,
Unfortunately, your upcoming event was cancelled.
Cancelled:
The Band Perry
Phoenix Concert Theatre
October 21 2019

Dear Fan Family –
Thank you for your love and relentless support of us. We’ve been in the studio all summer working on our next album, which will be the best and most important of our lives. This has been an incredibly creative time for us, and we think you’ll be thrilled with the sounds we’re making!
Because we’re so focused on capturing this new work during such an inspired time (and getting it released to you as quickly as possible) the three of us have made the very difficult decision to scale back the number of tour dates we’re performing this Fall. While I hate to be the bearer of sad news, we feel it’s the right thing to do at this moment… Please forgive us for making this change and know that if it wasn’t something that we felt was absolutely necessary to give YOU our most excellent musical offering yet, we would’ve never considered it. We are so very sorry to all of you who had planned to come to the affected shows, as we love you so much and understand that this affects YOUR plans as well as ours. We promise that you are on our minds always.
For those of you who’ve purchased tickets, be looking for an email letting you know how to proceed with getting your refunds and for a special pre-sale code that you can use towards the tour next year. Thank you for understanding and for letting us take this moment. As always, your open mindedness and loyalty has changed our lives. We can’t wait for you to hear what we’re working on.
All my love and gratitude,
K

The good news is we already refunded your money including fees (except any Courier fee if applicable). It should post to your account within 7–10 business days.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Bob Segar's final tour has been extended again and has a date in Toronto. If tickets are reasonable, I will go to see him again. He would fit between The Band Perry and Styx in the list chronologically.

Have aquired Bob Segar tickets. It was a bit more money than my cutoff but close enough to override (it was below the cutoff without the fees).

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Ok, I have 6 upcoming concerts booked through April. Some of them are my wife's choice. Others are mine. Here they are in order of attendence:
  • The Band Perry
  • Styx
  • Burton Cummings
  • Crash Test Dummies
  • Bay City Rollers
  • April Wine

Revised list:
  • Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
  • Neil Sedaka (listed by ticketmaster as a rocker)
  • Styx
  • Burton Cummings
  • Crash Test Dummies
  • Bay City Rollers
  • April Wine