Construction

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Aug 25, 2016.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

We've got a few months before we'll have to worry about him moving around on his own. :D

semipenguin likes this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Plenty of time to buy those little plastic thingies to stick in the electrical sockets.

Starting to feel like home yet?

3. scotchandcigar

There were points along the way, where we questioned some of the design decisions and purchase choices we made. But now that we've been living there, we're very happy with everything. It's a very comfortable and pleasant place to be, and it's full of possibilities.

Mrs. Scotch loves the appliances, but I think my favorite is the radiant heat. There are no baseboards, or vents, or radiators, or banging/clicking/blowing. It's just nice and warm and not dry - all the time. We don't even adjust the thermostats, as the sunlight provides a natural heating boost during the day, and the house retains temperature super-well.

JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

You need curtains.

5. scotchandcigar

We need many blinds, shades, and curtains, but have to wait until all the windows are painted. Fortunately, most of the windows look out onto our own property.

Wolf likes this.
  6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Until then I'm sure all the deer and squirrels are enjoying the show.

HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Or not....

JHDK likes this.
  8. scotchandcigar

Our builder finally had time to come back and do some things we needed finished, such as putting the cupola on the garage roof. The weathervane has 3 pine trees on it (which has some significance to our area), but we realized that the N-S-E-W piece was not with the kit. Called the place we got it from, and since they didn't give us a box, they forgot to include it, but we paid for it. So it's being shipped to us.

Oh, and we're dog-sitting a pair of golden retreivers.
    cupola.jpg

semipenguin, HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Point being????

11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

The pantry window is clearly the best part of the new house and the only thing worth talking about.

semipenguin and scotchandcigar like this.
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Also, that one retriever seems to really like that spot on the front porch. From the look of those pics he's been standing there all day.

13. scotchandcigar

Another thing the builder did was finish the inside of the pantry. He built two levels of wraparound shelves, and installed a butcher-block countertop that we picked-up. I'd show you a picture, but Mrs. Scotch is priming and painting the shelves, so I'll update when it's done. That should make Koop's day.

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Ok, this may be a challenge but I know you can do it. Somehow angle your Bimmer so you can take the pic through the windshield, with the temperature reading in the foreground, through the pantry window, into a nice shot of the butcher block.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  15. scotchandcigar

The pantry window is frosted glass, so that won't work.

This sounds like when George Costanza tried to eat a pastrami sandwich while he was having sex.

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Great.
    Now I want pastrami.....

scotchandcigar likes this.
  17. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

18. scotchandcigar

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Did you play fetch with part of the boat?

20. scotchandcigar

No, but she may have peed on the hull.

HecticArt likes this.