Construction

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Aug 25, 2016.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

What's Uranus's favorite part of a boat?

The poop deck.

That's really cool though. It's exactly like the stuff we post about and you saw it irl.

semipenguin likes this.
  2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I'll try to do more of that.

3. scotchandcigar

It's been a while since I've posted any house pics. I have some updates, where we've finished the painting, staining, trimwork, lighting etc.

Here's the living room with all the windows and trim painted, and wall sconce lights up.
    living room1.jpg

Stairs painted and stained (the banister still needs staining), with Penny in her usual spot
    stairs paint1.jpg

2nd bedroom, with Jayne in her usual spot
    2nd bedroom1.jpg

2nd bathroom
    2nd bath1.jpg

Powder room, with composite concrete sink
    half bath1.jpg

Master bath with LED vanity mirrors
    master bath1.jpg

I'll upload a pantry update soon. Stay tuned.

Aaron, HecticArt, Wolf and 2 others like this.
  4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

There is a ton of very cool stuff going on in those pics!

That big second floor window is gorgeous. I like how you have the 2nd bedroom open, seemingly clutter-less. Very fun to see the stairs almost completely finished. You posted a bunch of pics of those stairs in various states of construction so it's neat to see the finished product. That sink is freaking sweet! And it's a silly little touch, but that cute small trash can that looks like the baby brother of a normal trash can makes me smile. Lastly those lights fixtures you have on the walls in the first pic are nice.

Is it possible to wear out the refresh button on an internet browser? Guess I'm about to find out.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Meh.

It doesn't look Jewish enough.

scotchandcigar and Wolf like this.
  6. scotchandcigar

The 2nd bedroom is clutterless for 2 reasons. The furniture is out of the camera shot, and we need to get another piece or 2. And our daughter is tasked with keeping it neat.

The sink and base are from a guy on Etsy. He asked what we wanted for a base color, and my wife said cobalt, which came out super intense. That's why we did the dark gray walls, and a bit of an industrial look.

The wall sconces are replacements for the ones we originally picked. They have perforated sides, which gives a neat effect. I'll post a better pic.

JHDK likes this.
  7. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Nicely done scotch!

8. scotchandcigar

How's this
    upload_2018-5-16_9-45-15.png

JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  9. scotchandcigar

So the original wall sconce in the living room looked like this (the one with the silver back, not the hall lights)
    20180218_141735.jpg
    which I thought was fine. But Mrs. Scotch didn't like it, because it only has a little LED light in it, so it doesn't really beam much light up towards the ceiling (despite looking like it would).

So we replaced it with this
    20180512_113747.jpg
    which has conventional light sockets pointing up and down. I still use LED bulbs, but they're full sized, so they throw a lot of light. Plus, there are holes running along the sides, so it looks interesting from any angle.

JHDK likes this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Oy vey. It's getting closer.

Any pictures of Palestinians trying to climb the fence to get into your yard?

JHDK likes this.
  11. scotchandcigar

I know that at least 3 of my neighbors are Jewish; I haven't met any Palestinians yet. I have a few good friends who are Lebanese, but we let them use the front door.

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

What a mensch!!!!!

13. scotchandcigar

My wife took an interesting shot of the back of house, after we had some trees removed.
    rear view.jpg

Aaron, HecticArt and Wolf like this.
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Nice perspective.

Wrong thread.

JHDK likes this.
  16. scotchandcigar

Ha!

JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Dik, I'm not posting it in the NFL thread.

We can have two years of nice pictures of that stadium. I may visit L.A. one day soon to check it out and same for Vegas when the Raiders stadium gets underway. I would like to attend an NFL game in both stadiums when they are fully completed. The awesome thing Vegas and L.A. are only a few hours from me.

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

You mean to tell me that you don't have a stadium thread listed in your thread to list all threads, thread?

19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

No there isn't a stadium thread in my thread that lists all other threads. I could create a thread and place it in "A Thread To Find Just About Everything Thread" but I don't ever plan on making that type of thread. This thread is perfectly fine. I may have created a new arena thread for the Phoenix Coyotes in the past, but that an old subject.

I mention thread 10 times, that should be a drinking game lol.

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's right. Scotch hijacked the thread.

As you were.

scotchandcigar and Wolf like this.