Convert XM to Sirius in a 2012 Honda Crosstour w/Navi

WeirdG

Jan 26, 2013
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2012 Honda Crosstour with navigation. The factory stereo comes with XM installed. I own a Sirius lifetime account I purchased back in 2009.

Is it possible for me to convert XM into Sirius? Ideally I'd like to be able to utilize my lifetime account in my 2012 Crosstour. I'm currently on a 90-day trial period with XM, and I don't like the fact there is some content I listen to on Sirius that's not available. I don't think I'd ever buy XM because of that.

TIA,
WG

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Welcome to the DRC WeirdG.

Since they just merged (finally) the XM and Sirius billing systems, you should be able to get your new car activated under your old lifetime sub. They will probably charge you the $75 transfer fee though. I'm not sure off the top of my head if you will be able to receive the Sirius channels on that radio. We'll need to have someone else weigh in on that.

WeirdG

Jan 26, 2013
Welcome to the DRC WeirdG.

Since they just merged (finally) the XM and Sirius billing systems, you should be able to get your new car activated under your old lifetime sub. They will probably charge you the $75 transfer fee though. I'm not sure off the top of my head if you will be able to receive the Sirius channels on that radio. We'll need to have someone else weigh in on that.

Thanks Hector. I forgot to mention I live in Canada. When I called Sirius yesterday, they told me they can flip me over to XM, but I would lose my lifetime membership. Sirius would credit me to the $500+ I paid for my lifetime sub and I could use that towards an XM yearly sub. Once the credit runs out, I gotta pay out of my own pocket. :(

I don't want to lose my lifetime sub. That's why I want to convert the XM in my OEM stereo to Sirius?

WG

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Reactions: Ehilbert1

WeirdG

Jan 26, 2013
If you select your Year, Make and Model here it will tell you the available kits we have to integrate Sirius into your car. Factory Like In Dash Sirius Receivers

I don't think that applies to me since I have a Canadian Sirius sub. Anyway, I purchased the HON-SC1 and SCC-C1 units, and I'm planning to do the install soon. So far it's only cost me $92CDN for both components, so even if it doesn't work I won't be out too much money.

As I said before, the stereo unit and XM tuner part numbers in the Crosstour are exactly the same as the 2008 Honda Accord w/Navi. If I following the instructions below, in theory this should be able to get me Sirius in my car. The only on way it won't work is if the head unit is running on different software which is not compatible with the SiriusConnect devices.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/478...n-removal-pdf-march-27-2008-5-18-am-819k?da=y

WG

Last edited:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I don't think that applies to me since I have a Canadian Sirius sub. Anyway, I purchased the HON-SC1 and SCC-C1 units, and I'm planning to do the install soon. So far it's only cost me $92CDN for both components, so even if it doesn't work I won't be out too much money.

As I said before, the stereo unit and XM tuner part numbers in the Crosstour are exactly the same as the 2008 Honda Accord w/Navi. If I following the instructions below, in theory this should be able to get me Sirius in my car. The only on way it won't work is if the head unit is running on different software which is not compatible with the SiriusConnect devices.

WG

I'm looking forward to hearing about the install. Would be cool if you posted pics of it if you could.

You could buy any Sirius or XM tuner and activate them in Canada and vice versa for the US. I know they make it seem like a Canadian tuner is somehow different but it's not. So an SP5TK1C (the C stands for Canada) could be activated here no problem just like an SP5TK1 can be activated in Canada even though it originated from the US.