Cool Bobby B 50"s

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
And the last of my favorite weekend shows, Doo Wop Stop with Cool Bobby B is on. He's been on the air since 1957 :bluecool: He must be older than Bruce Morrow.

From Sirius XM:
Cool Bobby B's Doo-Wop StopSunday, October 27 ET 9:00 pm – 12:00 am Bobby B spins the street corner with the a cappella harmony known as doo-wop. You'll hear the essential sounds of early rock and roll on the hippest show on the radio.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Are there no DJs on '50s on 5 anymore?

I've been listening here & there lately, & I have yet to hear a DJ.

Haven't heard the Do Wop show yet.

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
All of the other DJ's have been gone on 5 for several months. There are no DJ's on 9 either.

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
She's the only one on 9. The rest were canned the same time they dropped the DJ's on 5.

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
.... was reading this interesting site about NexGen Digital Automation Software - which includes the line " Everyone saves time and does better radio with NexGen Digital. Your talent can put together a live-sounding, four-hour shift in 30 minutes. Use VoiceTRAC features like fade up/down of audio, automatic ducking and fully adjustable timelines."

So why not do this for the '50's and some of the other channels. A four hour work day would produce 16 hours of broadcast audio
, and if they were already using it then they are running cheap.