Cord Cutters

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I have that year of Apple TV+ when I bought my iPhone. And I got a year of Disney+ when I upgraded to unlimited with Verizon. I have yet to watch much of anything since I've been in school full time, working full time and other obligations. I would like to see the Morning Show since Jennifer Aniston is still a stone-cold fox!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I got a year of Apple TV with my new phone.

I have that year of Apple TV+ when I bought my iPhone. And I got a year of Disney+ when I upgraded to unlimited with Verizon.

I didn't get any deals like that but with all my streaming services I like to try to avoid monthly payments. Now Disney+ lets you buy a year up front. However I initially signed up for the Hulu, DIsney+ & ESPN+ package so I paid the first month. I have since switched to Hulu no ads alone and my paid month of Disney+ runs out on 12.4. I then plan to buy the year for $60 something.

To avoid the monthly payments with the other services I buy myself gift cards. I currently am good with Hulu until April and good with Netflix until March.

SInce I use Metro for my phone service I do something similar there too. It's a flat $50/month so I pay 6 months at once.

IDK, I guess I just like not having to worry about any of that stuff each month.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The catch with all these deals, is when they run out, you're hooked on the shows, so you pay full price to keep the service. How do you avoid that?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The catch with all these deals, is when they run out, you're hooked on the shows, so you pay full price to keep the service. How do you avoid that?

Ha! You're so right. At first I was thinking there is no way I'll pay for HBO Max after the trial and just a few hours later I now have a pretty solid list of things I want to watch on it. Yesterday I watched e01 of Doom Patrol which kinda sucked but then saw Million Dollar Baby and started some silly space comedy TV show called Avenue 5 that I want to see through.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio