Cord Cutters

Discussion in 'Cable & Video' started by Wolf, Apr 14, 2017.

1. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I think I read AT & T just acquired HBO too

2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yea AT&T has been offering HBO for quite a while on there wireless plans and DirecTV Now, pretty cheap. The deal includes Time Warner which owns CNN, HBO, TBS, TNT, Warner Bros and DC Comics.

Maybe AT&T can finally fix the DCEU films?

3. MadisonRadio1

They are no longer showing Season 1 & 2 but are now showing Season 3 & 4. They'll probably show Season 5 & 6 next

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

That sucks. Now everyone who missed the first 2 seasons will be lost.

5. MadisonRadio1

I should write a letter to Roku about this

memebag likes this.
  6. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

So they'll never know the original Darrin.

memebag likes this.
  7. MadisonRadio1

Rainmaker is available on The Roku Channel now. Good movie

8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Now DTV Now, finally added a DVR feature and gave everybody 20 free hours of recording.

I finally reactivated my old DirecTV Now account with the "Live A Little" package and my monthly cost is still $10 bucks a month with over 60+ channels. :celebrate1:

I tried to record a show and get a dumb error issue. I had to chat with tech support to resolve the issue. The first agent said I have no DVR included and was unable to add it. Which is BS, I'm paying for service and the website says free 20 hours of DVR included. So I ditch that useless idiot and talk to another agent and that person says did you uninstall the app and reload it?

Well, I tried that and now I can finally record shows. Wow, the first agent was completely useless and a freakin' moran and the second agent just resolved my issue in a matter of minutes. Now I wish I got this issue resolved faster because I could record a couple of shows last night on my DTV Now DVR instead of my old DirecTV DVR.

As long things workout with DTV Now, I can finally cut off DirecTV and save money on my AT&T bill. I might upgrade my package like an extra $10 - $20 bucks because there a few channels I wouldn't mind having like Science Channel, Travel Channel, and El Rey Network and it would include MLB, NBA and NHL TV.

10. MadisonRadio1

11. MadisonRadio1

Rainmaker is also available on Hulu

12. MadisonRadio1

Free HBO and Cinemax on PS Vue this weekend. I've watched 61, Heaven Help Us, Man on the Moon and will probably watch Justice League.

13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

14. MadisonRadio1

I now have HBO Now through Roku. I was going to drop CBS Access when my gift card expired but now I hear Patrick Stewart is coming back in a new Star Trek series so I'm keeping it. I did find another good show: Under the Dome I've been following.

HecticArt likes this.
  15. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

4 years cable tv free. Eff 'em.

16. MadisonRadio1

I think my answer may be to drop Hulu when my gift card expires in a few months and not renew. I'll just use ABC/Fox on demand with PSVue instead. I just have to start The Handmaid's Tale before time runs out. Heard its good.

That would leave my Roku line up as:
    PlayStation Vue (Live TV, Network shows on demand and cloud DVR)
    Netflix (Original programming and movies)
    HBO Now (Original programming and movies)
    CBS All Access (Star Treks and CBS shows on demand)
    You Tube Red (Cobra Kai and home made videos)
    The Roku Channel ( Select free movies and TV shows)
    Amazon Prime (My select stream library)
    SXM (Home on-line only channels)

All are pretty cheap or free except PSVue which is now a little under $50

Wolf likes this.
  17. MadisonRadio1

The Roku Channel is now showing Seasons 5 and 6 of Bewitched instead of 3 & 4. My favorite episode is when Samantha changes Darrin's face forever.

memebag and JHDK like this.
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I mainly use my Apple TV for:

Apple Music
    HBO (Free since AT&T owns them)
    DirecTV Now
    ESPN +
    iTunes Movies
    Netflix
    WWE Network

Everything together is about $55 bucks, expect my movies when I buy them.

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  19. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I have cable and internet (over $200 per month) plus Netflix and Hulu. Also Amazon Prime. I can't cut any cords because Mrs. Bag loves channel surfing. The cords just keep getting thicker.

20. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

We basically have the same situation, minus Hulu. But now with Spectrum service, I'm paying only $152/mo for cable (including all the premiums) and 100mb internet. I was paying about $220/mo with Comcast/Xfinity.

We watch a lot of cable networks, like Bravo, HGTV, Comedy Central, AXS TV, Velocity, ESPN2, etc. Plus we watch some network shows and news. And we flip-around too. I'm not sure that with service for 3 TVs, we'd do much better with a different option.