Cord Cutters

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I may re-think my stance on a live streaming service since I live in an area where an indoor antenna isn't going to get much. The one that I know that has all the locals is Youtube TV, but they also don't have A&E (for Live PD) and a few other channels I'll watch infrequently. Hulu has all the locals, and A&E so that might be a consideration.

Got my old man's 49-inch Sony Bravia as a Christmas present since they got a 65-inch, and my Apple TV 4K is on its way from Amazon tomorrow.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I get a free trial for something too, but haven't bothered to try it out yet. I should probably try it before it expires.
I may re-think my stance on a live streaming service since I live in an area where an indoor antenna isn't going to get much. The one that I know that has all the locals is Youtube TV, but they also don't have A&E (for Live PD) and a few other channels I'll watch infrequently. Hulu has all the locals, and A&E so that might be a consideration.

Got my old man's 49-inch Sony Bravia as a Christmas present since they got a 65-inch, and my Apple TV 4K is on its way from Amazon tomorrow.
Gotta love new TV day. Especially when you you don't have to pay for it!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Has anyone tried the Disney Plus

I have and it's worth subscribing. The Disney library has almost everything you can find. The classic cartoons, movies, shows, etc. They are also introducing new stuff little by little. I'm already a fan of The Mandalorian which has baby Yoda. Disney + also has Net Geo and The Simpsons on it.

I did upgrade my bundle deal, which included ESPN + and Hulu. It cost like $12.99 and I don't subscribe to Hulu. Either way, I'm saving money.

• Wow
Reactions: MadisonRadio1

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I passed on the three year Disney+ offer because my children are grown. The ESPN+ stand alone for 4.99 per month will be attractive because it will broadcast Bundesliga (German soccer) matches next year.

The Roku channel sent me an email with free premium (HBO et al) through the calendar year. I got a similar email for one free week of Disney+ (can you say binge again).

Sticking with Sling Blue 25 and soon to be 30 per month with 10 free hours of cloud storage with an option to add 50 more for 5 bucks. The option to add Orange is 40 before add ons. My antennas need little adjusting to capture OTA local channels for the four major networks and their extra affiliates.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I already paid a year for Prime to save some extra money all year.

I use to pay the standalone ESPN+ app, but now I pay $12.99 a month for the bundle of Disney+, ESPN+ and get Hulu included.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I'd like to see Larry and Cheryl get back together.
The other cord cutter show I'm looking forward to is the new Star Trek Picard series on cbs access, later this month.. I'm positive it will be much much better than Discovery

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
The new episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, called Happy New Year, was very funny. Much worthy of keeping the HBO Now.

Then on The Roku Channel they have Season 1 & 2 of The Partridge Family

While Star Trek Picard premieres in a few days on the CBS All Access

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I don't know if anyone has seen the new Star Trek: Picard but it looks really good. Very much worth waiting for.

i also have just a few days of my Playstation View before they go out of business. We've decided for now to pass on any form of subscription Internet televison so not only have we cut away from cable we are also cutting away from internet television. But I will take a good look at the HBO Max which is suppose to come out in May of this year and will likely have TBS and TNT as an addition. Supposedly an upgrade from HBO Now

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The Weinstein thing was great, and there was almost zero writing required to make it work. All it took was the fact that Garlin looks a little bit like the rapist.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've been a lifelong (since it was available) cable TV subscriber, but that may be coming to an end. When I built the house, I got new service from Spectrum (Time-Warner) cable, with a new subscriber discount. It's a 2 year tiered discount, and now that it's run out, I got a letter with my new rates. $70 for internet (expensive, but decent, and there's no alternative), and $142 (!!!) For TV.

That's so outrageous for TV, it seems like it would be a cinch to find a vastly better alternative. I'm looking at YouTube TV plus Philo, $70 for both. I can add Showtime and (coming this spring) HBO.

Any thoughts?