Crew chief shakeup at HMS

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
What a train wreck. This will be Jr's 3rd crew chief in 3 years. Surprised McGrew lasted til the end of the year. If I was LeTarte I would turn in my resignation tomorrow.

As for Martin and the 5 team, Rick just told him and the 5 team, "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. (as Rick checks his calender) When does Kahne show up?"

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I read this last night on SD.....

Rick is not afraid to make changes that is for sure..... It will be interesting to see what happens with this... I don't see Steve putting up with Jr.s mouth that's for sure. Interesting.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I know everyone like to paint it as such but I don't think that this is all about Jr. Hendrick has 3 teams that when you add up all of their wins from last season still amount to ZERO. Gordon has won one race in three years which equals Jr's total since his move there in 2008. Martin failed to make the Chase after a great season in 2009. I think this is bigger than just a switch to help Jr. JMO

VMX28

Mar 29, 2010
Arizona
I don't know why "the Media" keeps calling this a Crew Chief change. This is a driver change period. Jr, you get Jeff's team, Jeff, you go get in Mark's car and Mark, you get Jr's car.
Mr H said that the team's problem this year was they weren't ready for the blade. Prior to that the 48 & 24 cars were front runners. Even after the change the 24 out-performed the 48. As far as the 5/88 shop, well the shuffle of engineers to try and help Jr, screwed the 2009 runner-up's team. The 5 team had made some big improvements by the end of the season.

So anyone that thinks this is not all about Jr hasn't been paying attention.

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
Mr H said that the team's problem this year was they weren't ready for the blade. Prior to that the 48 & 24 cars were front runners. Even after the change the 24 out-performed the 48.

So, Jeff Gordon won the championship this year, yes? :rolleyes: