Damn, Bubba's shot out of a cannon today (Oct 30th)!!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I think this is Howards way of getting Management and everyone on edge so he can set up a nice contract after this one ends that keeps Bubba and Ferrall around for more money and more exclusive. Yes, Howard would probably still be around, but I think he wants some sort of schedule set up that includes Bubba on the channels in a bigger way than 1 exclusive show a week when this contract is up. This might be the start of it all.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I think this is Howards way of getting Management and everyone on edge so he can set up a nice contract after this one ends that keeps Bubba and Ferrall around for more money and more exclusive. Yes, Howard would probably still be around, but I think he wants some sort of schedule set up that includes Bubba on the channels in a bigger way than 1 exclusive show a week when this contract is up. This might be the start of it all.
I'm going to take your prediction and ask that all the churches in the area pray for this on Sunday.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I'm going to take your prediction and ask that all the churches in the area pray for this on Sunday.
I'll ask Satan, too, when I'm listening to Liquid Metal \m/

I don't normally catch Ferrall - what did he have to say exactly?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'll ask Satan, too, when I'm listening to Liquid Metal \m/

I don't normally catch Ferrall - what did he have to say exactly?
Jose Mangin rocks the Liquid Metal.

Ferrall essentially was agreeing with what Bubba had said. But he later said he had a lot of pent up anger from doing this email deleting thing all week. But he was talking about the fact that Howard built the brand and don't dis him for doing that.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Jose Mangin rocks the Liquid Metal.

Ferrall essentially was agreeing with what Bubba had said. But he later said he had a lot of pent up anger from doing this email deleting thing all week. But he was talking about the fact that Howard built the brand and don't dis him for doing that.
I saw Jose doing his thing a few years back at Ozzfest. I should've said hello but he looked busy.
Me too. Hopefully he comes through and it helps stop some of the haters .
Haters are going to hate no matter what.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I saw Jose doing his thing a few years back at Ozzfest. I should've said hello but he looked busy.

Haters are going to hate no matter what.
Jose asked TSSRadios Alvaro to host a listener domination segment. Was pretty cool to hear Alvaro on Liquid Metal. Here is our hillbilly SL100 and SUBX1 in the shipping dept at TSS with alvaros name on it.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
:jj: That's not happening. Unreasonable people are not going to stop being unreasonable. People can be told time and time again Bubba was forced not to disclose the deal until the start of the new deal. But they'll still blame the Bubba crew for it. They can be told that Bubba was willing to do two shows just for a simple time slot change, but it was still Bubba that decided to give them something less than what they were used to.

Bubba needs to stop being all apologetic and move the fuck on. Accept that he should've fucking left and left Sirius XM to deal with the ensuing shitstorm. Although he's right people would've hated him if he left as well. For all we know, they would've tried to ask him back months after he left.

Maybe this time next year, he'll work up the guts to cut the Sirius XM cord once and for all if the company continues down this path.

Makes me wonder if/how Howard will react.

Over on SFN, they were saying that Bubba shouldn't have taken a shit all over his audience in January and February.

Speaking of Ferrall.. I wonder how much HE is getting paid. And is it only a matter of time until Ellis hits the same situation?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Jose asked TSSRadios Alvaro to host a listener domination segment. Was pretty cool to hear Alvaro on Liquid Metal. Here is our hillbilly SL100 and SUBX1 in the shipping dept at TSS with alvaros name on it.

I see i'm not the only one with a hilbilly setup.

:D

(Although, I also have the Starmate 4 in there, if only because it's a lot easier to hit a button in a semi-sleep induced state than it is to spin the dial.)

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The rant was in the beginning kinda like Bubbas. It's over but Ferrall is a must listen to. He has grown on me so much and you can depend on him.
If you can get past the raspy voice, there's no one like him. I can't listen to any other sports guy... "Here are the scores from last night." Being able to parachute in on live games is great. The background music is crazy.

Yeah, I live for the noon hour on Fridays. "IT'S PAIN-FREE FRIDAY, FERRALL'S DOLING OUT MINUTES ON THE MAHOGANY, WAXING IT UP, GETTIN' YOU READY FOR THE WEEKEND!"

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Over on SFN, they were saying that Bubba shouldn't have taken a shit all over his audience in January and February.
I know what they're saying. And people need to get the fuck over it.

But I think people took rants directed to specific people in too general of a manner. Those rants were directed at the people ripping him and his crew apart. If you weren't one of those said people, there was no real reason to feel those rants were directed at you.

To put things in a bit of perspective. People on his website, and I witnessed this myself, were wishing harm on him, his crew, and even Heather and Tyler over this stupid shit.

So Bubba, not being the most calm and collected guy there is already, had that to deal with, the fact his audience turned on him, the fact Sirius XM rejected his midday plan. And being the emotional basketcase we all knew him to be, is it really any surprise he exploded like he did?

It was already difficult enough for him to have made the decision that he made. The fan backlash would be enough to make anyone in that situation go crazy, let alone a guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve like Bubba does. So I think Bubba's reaction is forgivable, but many disagree.

I think there was a lot of justified, and unjustified anger on both the part of the fans, and Bubba himself.

Bubba has come to his senses. A lot of listeners haven't.

Last edited:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Oh, I agree. People need to be pissed at Sirius, not Bubba. Bubba did what he had to do.

This whole "give millions to Oprah for a radio show, when she's already on free TV and then using her in an advertising campaign" translates into the following, at least in my head:

"Give millions to the third-string QB of the local NFL team and then use them in an advertising campaign."

Bubba has every right to be pissed. No one is going to go to Sirius XM for Oprah when she's on free TV. At least Bubba is a radio guy (and can bring the competition to the local AM drive) and knows how to use the uncensored aspect of the Sirius broadcasting.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I would love to see Bubba do the following:
AM drive on FM radio.
Around 11 AM or so, do a live deal on BubbaRaw, either video or podcast willy. Repackage THAT for Sirius XM Monday - Thursday (or whenever they need a non-live deal.)
Fridays (or whenever they can), do a live deal on Sirius.

Yes, it would suck for whatever reason but at least it would be uncensored. I'd rather have whores talking about "pussy-juice jones" than "shiz with a z" followed by the latest Hogan phone call. At least a whore talking about a pierced pussy squirting pussy juice is "uncensored and real."

Bubba did mention outfitting the studios with cameras. I wonder what his plans are... hmmm.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I would love to see Bubba do the following:
AM drive on FM radio.
Around 11 AM or so, do a live deal on BubbaRaw, either video or podcast willy. Repackage THAT for Sirius XM Monday - Thursday (or whenever they need a non-live deal.)
Fridays (or whenever they can), do a live deal on Sirius.

Yes, it would suck for whatever reason but at least it would be uncensored. I'd rather have whores talking about "pussy-juice jones" than "shiz with a z" followed by the latest Hogan phone call. At least a whore talking about a pierced pussy squirting pussy juice is "uncensored and real."

Bubba did mention outfitting the studios with cameras. I wonder what his plans are... hmmm.
I doubt we'll see a Bubba show on Sirius again after this contract unless it's live.

I like the idea of him doing the podcast/live stream independently, and just having Sirius XM as an affiliate, but having the freedom to sell the show himself.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I doubt we'll see a Bubba show on Sirius again after this contract unless it's live.

I like the idea of him doing the podcast/live stream independently, and just having Sirius XM as an affiliate, but having the freedom to sell the show himself.
Yeah, that's what i'm talking about.

He does the FM show as-is with a "hard out" of 10 AM. Instead of re-airing that show on Sirius, he does a podcast or BubbaRaw show and re-airs THAT on Sirius.

It wouldn't be too hard to do a 2-3 hour deal and "magically" insert commercials, bumpers, intros, prank phone calls, and other bits after commercials to extend it to a 4 hour show.

"BTLS show, back after this."
*5-10 seconds of silence*
*post-commercial song or prank phone call starts back up*
*Bubba starts talking*

In that moment of silence, Sirius people would insert commercials, a prank phone call, or whatever they'd need to insert to make the show the appropriate length.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bubba's twitter:

Wow I never ever ever listen to my show ever but i'm listening to my Sirius rant why didn't someone stop me. Wow I'm embarrassed Bubba24 minutes ago from Echofon

On the way home listening to Bubba's replay... a serious rant... True true. ~Heather32 minutes ago from Echofon

Been up since 4am and did 2 shows. Fridays r roughabout 1 hour ago from Echofon

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0]YouTube - DAAAMMMMMMMMMMMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwohf_5ofvc]YouTube - Friday "Damn"[/ame]