Damn, Bubba's shot out of a cannon today (Oct 30th)!!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by MAJ Badmotherfarker, Oct 30, 2009.

1. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

That would explain Bubba's inclusion of O&A in his rant. That's pretty shitty. I've tried listening to them and I just don't like them. I'll stick with Ellis in the afternoons.

2. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

I have only heard O&A on testicular radio, and they were awful.

I did hear a rant of them on youtube regarding howard and one of them was doing a howard impression with was pretty damn good tho.

3. thekingofnicotine

thekingofnicotine Well-Known Member

Even if they are awful and they are, I tried listening to the show, Howard needs to calm down thinking he can censor other talents.

Look at Howard's Leno rants. Now imagine if Leno worked for the same company and had the CEO censor Howard? It takes out all the fun.

4. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I really just don't get Sirius anymore. I don't get why Howard isn't backing his "revolution" unless it was always just about cashing in his stock and retiring. Maybe Howard saw an opportunity to exact millions out of a company, took it and is now about to ride away. Because if he cared ANYTHING about the future of sat rad it seems like he'd be screaming his ass off to change things.

5. thekingofnicotine

He's done with Sat. Listen back to a couple of weeks ago when he was talking about internet radio. He sounded very into it. He even mentioned it would be like having his own little company.

All the money would go to him. I just wonder how he'd do it. He already puts little effort into his show, imagine if he had no obligations. I think he'd also lessen the amount of hours and days a week.

6. MAJ Badmotherfarker

That would explain why he's obviously more interested in using his radio show to promote Howard TV than anything else.

7. thekingofnicotine

Yep, the question is how will he sell us on internet radio if he goes there?

8. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

Howard has treated this gig as some sort of bonus for his years in radio. After that second subscriber number hit in 2007, he's been in coast mode.

9. thekingofnicotine

I recall after a recent vacation where listeners were complaining and Robin said, "What people forget is all those years we worked even on Christmas."

They clearly think that Sirius is a reward for everything they've done previously. I don't care about vacations if I'm not paying for the show.

10. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Zzzzzz

11. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Already sold... I listen to Sirius more on the internet stream these days than I do on an actual radio.

12. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Depends on what it costs, how many shows he does, and what else is included (like perhaps Bubba and Ferrall joining him).

Hell, maybe they can finally make good on Sirius XM's broken promises if they're given full creative control.

13. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Bubba says he likes all you guys.

Ok, I'm not sure about that, but I think he would. Just wish he would sign up here and post. ;)

14. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Recruit him next time you are down there... unlike SFN, some of us *do* like him here :)

15. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I linked this thread to him. I would bet he loves it vs the SFN one :cool:

16. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

There ya go, right there. Howard is the boss of HIS universe. No Mel, no Tim, nobody higher up. The three shows can broadcast whenever they want to, and people could listen live, or download for later.

If Bubba wants to go live at 10, and finish when he's done, so be it.
    If Howard wants to go live at 2, and finish whenever he wants to, that's the way of the new universe.
    Ferrall could go live at 8 PM (or whenever), and finish when the last game of the night is done.

17. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

i still listen to his testicular show regularly. its not bad. as long as they don't do too much nascar and MMA stuff. ellis isn't strong enough for me to listen to full time. I don't care how many F-bombs he drops.

18. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I would start with Spice. He's by far the most approachable of all the BTLS guys I've talked to. Brent is too moody and Bubba is too scatterbrained.

19. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

No offense, but i'd almost he rather NOT come over here. If he does, I foresee a shitload of everyone (including haters) coming over, like it was with his forums and, to some extent, SFN.

Sometimes, smaller is better.

20. MAJ Badmotherfarker

No haters here. DAB will start dropping the bannination hammer.