Damn! It's Hot Out!!!

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Usually, you don't ever lose your house.
It pretty much stays in the same place.
They just don't let you stay there anymore.
That reminds me of what George Carlin used to say about "saving the earth".

"We're not saving the earth, we're saving the people. The earth will just do fine; it's the people who are going away".

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mister Hectic, I beg to differ -- and you all know I'm not the differ-begger I used to be -- but Eeyore's stick house was a casualty in the 1968 film Winnie The Pooh & The Blustery Day. I suppose you could say he technically didn't lose it, though. It was still there. It was just in pieces.

upload_2019-4-10_15-18-18.jpeg

Reactions: semipenguin

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If Mister Scotch lived in Poohville, I'd consider your argument.
I've also seen pictures of his house, so I know it's still there.

As such, your point is moot.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
As glaciers melt, cesium-137 and americium-241 will be released into lakes, rivers and oceans. Animals, when they drink water, will ingest the radioactive isotopes and the food chain will be poisoned. Lovely.

The world's glaciers hold lots of nuclear fallout. Here's what might happen when they melt.
New research finds high levels of radioactive particles frozen in the ice.

The world's glaciers hold lots of nuclear fallout. Here's what might happen when they melt.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I fail to see what is special. The ones that did not hit the glacier have already been released.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk
I don't think you understand how radioactive fallout works. Yes, some fallout is already in the food chain. That is bad. More will enter the food chain as glaciers melt. That is worse.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I don't think you understand how radioactive fallout works. Yes, some fallout is already in the food chain. That is bad. More will enter the food chain as glaciers melt. That is worse.

It’s just a matter of degree. Any radiation is bad. Not sure there is a linear scale of badness.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
It’s just a matter of degree. Any radiation is bad. Not sure there is a linear scale of badness.

Now I know you don't know how radiation works. You are continuously bathed in radiation. That is not "bad". There is a scale of badness. This infographic should explain it all.

radiation.png