Danica Tour 2010/2011/2012/2013

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by dpkimmel2001, Jan 29, 2010.

1. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 New Member

If Patrick doesn't drive the Nationwide race at Daytona, she will make her debut the following week in Fontana, Calif.

Then.....

Las Vegas (Feb. 20)
    New Hampshire (June 26)
    Chicago (July 9)
    Michigan (Aug. 14)
    Dover, Del. (Sept. 25)
    Fontana (Oct. 9)
    Charlotte (Oct. 15)
    Madison, Ill. (Oct. 23)
    Texas (Nov. 6)
    Phoenix (Nov. 13)
    Homestead, Fla. (Nov. 20)
  2. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

Hey some guy won an "88 National Guard" golf cart on TV today. It looked really cool. I'd much rather have that then that awful AMP green. lol
  3. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 New Member

Do you think that ESPN is looking forward to Saturday's Nationwide Series - Drive4COPD broadcast? The numbers released yesterday show that they should be. An 87% increase in viewers for the ARCA race over 2009, pretty impressive. That number surely has to fall but whether people are tuning in to watch her fail or root for her to be successful, people are tuning in.

4. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

Love her or hate her she's doing her job. Bringing in viewers.
  5. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

She impressed the hell out of me in that Arca race. She has great car control... Not many out there could have kept that car off the wall the way she did. I was surprisingly impressed. With that being said tho, I don't believe it means she is ready for Daytona with the Nationwide drivers... Hope she impresses me again.
  6. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

I agree, I was surprised too. Good for her, like I've said before I'm waiting to see how she does to judge.
  7. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan New Member

She did okay today. Severe lack of experience showed in the first stint, but she seemed like she was gunning for a decent finish.

That being said, the coverage of her is insufferable. The way the TV talks about her will singlehandely turn the fanbase against her.
    Aaron likes this.
  8. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

Ya she wasn't bad at all today for her first time with the big boys... It's a shame that wreak had to take her out... But you learn as you go..
  9. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I normally do not watch NASCAR but I found it interesting yesterday watching her race. I will probably watch some of it on the 20th. It would be cool to see her complete the race.
  10. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

And that right there is why NASCAR wanted her so bad. Shes bringing in viewers who don't normally watch NASCAR.
  11. antsie

antsie New Member

I think Danica did a good job and I hope she continues to do so. I would like to see all the females do well and receive the same attention that Danica is getting.
  12. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan New Member

" I would like to see all the females do well and receive the same attention that Danica is getting."

They wont. The ARCA race proved that when a female driver was 3rd while DW was yelling and screaming about Danica.
  13. antsie

antsie New Member

I know they won't. Her name is Alli Owens and DW did talk about her. Of course not as much, be he did talk about her.
  14. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

Ya I felt for Alli, she was in the top 5 most of the race and did get mentioned but not as much as she should have.
  15. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

Schrader is usually in the booth for the Daytona ARCA race. I wonder if he bailed because he didn't want to miss the drivers meeting for the Bud Shootout?
  16. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

Possibly, who knows. Except that is was nicer to see him behind the wheel then in the booth.
  17. goreds2

Sorry, I am too lazy to look. What time and what TV channel is this on Saturday?
  18. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

Sorry I am too lazy to tell you....lol

Fontana 5PM ET on ESPN 2

Or

5 PM ET on TSN 2.
  19. foyt

foyt New Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  20. goreds2

I am going to picture her behind the wheel looking like this today. :egypt: