"Dave Matthews Band Radio" Launches on SiriusXM

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Limited-run channel to feature exclusive live broadcast of Dave Matthews Band concert from The Gorge in Washington State Band. Members to discuss music from their upcoming album "Away From the World"

NEW YORK, Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that it will launch "Dave Matthews Band Radio," the commercial-free music channel featuring music, interviews and live recordings from the band's archives.

"Dave Matthews Band Radio" will launch on Saturday, September 1 at 11:00 pm ET and will run through Sunday, September 30 on Sirius channel 142 and XM channel 43. Additionally, "Dave Matthews Band Radio" will be available as a 24/7 channel online on channel 714 and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and mobile devices.

"Dave Matthews Band Radio" will launch with an exclusive live broadcast of the Dave Matthews Band concert from the historic Gorge amphitheater in Washington State on Saturday, September 1, at 11:00 pm, which will be rebroadcast throughout the month. SiriusXM listeners will also hear live recordings from the band's vast archive.

The limited-run channel will also feature music from the band's entire catalog: everything from their early days to their upcoming eighth studio album Away From the World, scheduled to be released on Tuesday, September 11. During a special album preview, SiriusXM listeners will hear the band members personally introduce each song on the new album and share their stories about the songs, each other, and their 21-year career on the road.

The channel will also feature music from Dave Matthews' side projects as a solo artist and with Tim Reynolds, as well as special segments with band members.

"We're excited that SiriusXM is making it possible for fans everywhere to hear our September 1st show at The Gorge," said Dave Matthews Band. "We're also looking forward to sharing our new songs and some rare materials from our archives on Dave Matthews Band Radio."

"Dave Matthews Band is one of the most unique groups of our time, whose music blends the personal with universal issues. Their musical styles have challenged listeners while the group has built a world-wide audience," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "This special channel will allow listeners to get closer than ever to the band, hear the special selections from band members themselves and the personal stories behind their music."

Album Tracks
1. Broken Things
2. Belly Belly
3. Mercy
4. Gaucho
5. Sweet
6. The Riff
7. Belly Full
8. If Only
9. Rooftop
10. Snow Outside
11. Drunken Soldier

This will be the 2nd time SXM had a DMB channel:
http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/SIRI/1767517793x0x296249/f35f0a05-d8fc-437e-94cf-aa83b9730163/SIRI_News_2009_5_26_Programming_Announcements.pdf

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Also will be heard online on SiriusXM Limited Engagements 3- Ch 714

Daily Specials: Dave Matthews Band LIVE
Airs daily at 12 pm, 9 pm and 3 am ET
Three times each day, hear complete live concerts by the Dave Matthews Band from their very beginnings up through today. Some are rare, some are "fan club only" recordings, some might be bootlegs...

Web page is already up: SiriusXM Radio

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This means Pink Floyd is done?

I will pass on this one. Can't stand Dave Matthews.

I do like the idea of these being on one channel and almost rotating though.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This means Pink Floyd is done?

I will pass on this one. Can't stand Dave Matthews.

I do like the idea of these being on one channel and almost rotating though.
Big surprise(not) We all figured that's "What Would You Say"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBWhX3K5vMI]Dave Matthews Band - What Would You Say - Central Park - YouTube[/ame]

How could anyone not like that?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Sirius Buzz take:

30 Days of Dave Matthews With an Exclusive Live Concert on SiriusXM

What Would You Say if I told you SiriusXM was dedicating a new limited run channel to Dave Matthews for the next 30 days?

“Dave Matthews Band Radio†will have all the Ants Marching to Sirius channel 142 and XM channel 43 this Saturday, September 1 at 11pm for an exclusive live broadcast of the Dave Matthews Band concert from the Gorge amphitheater in Washington State.

We all know the guys have So Much To Say and now you can hear them personally introduce each song on their new album, Away From the World, and share stories about the songs, each other, and The Space Between their 21-years on the road.

The channel will also feature music from Dave Matthews’ side projects as a solo artist and with Tim Reynolds, as well as special segments with band members. It’ll probably be Too Much.

“We’re excited that SiriusXM is making it possible for fans everywhere to hear our September 1st show at The Gorge,†said Dave Matthews Band. “We’re also looking forward to sharing our new songs and some rare materials from our archives on Dave Matthews Band Radioâ€

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Well, I must say this channel is pretty cool. I listened a little on XM43 on Sat night and wasn't impressed too much. Then today on SXM 714 and what a difference! Gotta be the most drastic change in audio from sat to internet than any other channel. I was never a big fan, but that might change. BTW today's concert (Everyday @ noon, 9pm & 3am) was great from Memphis, TN.

SXM's FB page has been flooded with happy fans and requests to make it permanent- even more than Pink Floyd!

Dogstar info on 246

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Dave Matthews Band LIVE

Everyday @ Noon, 9 pm and 3 am ET
Three times each day, hear complete live concerts by the Dave Matthews Band from their very beginnings up through today. Some are rare, some are "fan club only" recordings, some might be bootlegs...

Today's Venue: 5/25/07 Lisbon, Portugal

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Exclusive Preview of “Away From The Worldâ€

Hear an exclusive track-by-track preview of Dave Matthews Band’s newest album, Away From The World, before it’s out in stores! The band will play every song from the album and share the stories behind the songs. Exclusively on SiriusXM’s Dave Matthews Band Radio!

Friday at 10am & 6pm
Saturday at 3pm
Sunday at 12am, 9am & 6pm
Monday at 3 pm
Tuesday at 12am, 9am and 6pm ET

Album Tracks
1. Broken Things
2. Belly Belly
3. Mercy
4. Gaucho
5. Sweet
6. The Riff
7. Belly Full
8. If Only
9. Rooftop
10. Snow Outside
11. Drunken Soldier

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Early Halloween treat:

Surprise! We've got GREAT news for all our Dave Matthews Band fans. The limited-engagement Dave Matthews Band Radio, which was supposed to expire tomorrow, has been extended! That means, you can keep rocking out to 24/7 DMB through October 30 on Sirius 142/XM 43 & LE3! :bigclap:

Great move SXM- incredible amount of positive comments & requests for this to be extended on FB

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Good Bye Dave Matthews Band Radio

Aired September 1 – October 30, 2012 on Sirius Ch. 142, XM Ch. 43, online on SiriusXM Limited Engagements 3, Ch. 714,

We are sad to announce that it's time to bid farewell to SiriusXM's limited-run "Dave Matthews Band Radio." We know many of you will be disappointed, but due to various elements, the channel could not run indefinitely. Thank you for your understanding and for listening. While we may not be airing 24/7 DMB moving forward, we hope to work with the band again. It has been a true pleasure. For more information on Dave Matthews Band, visit www.davematthewsband.com.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Good Bye Dave Matthews Band Radio

Aired September 1 – October 30, 2012 on Sirius Ch. 142, XM Ch. 43, online on SiriusXM Limited Engagements 3, Ch. 714,

We are sad to announce that it's time to bid farewell to SiriusXM's limited-run "Dave Matthews Band Radio." We know many of you will be disappointed, but due to various elements, the channel could not run indefinitely. Thank you for your understanding and for listening. While we may not be airing 24/7 DMB moving forward, we hope to work with the band again. It has been a true pleasure. For more information on Dave Matthews Band, visit www.davematthewsband.com.
:hw::whistle:

Actually, I have found while I dislike most of the DMB singles, I have actually enjoyed some of the deeper cuts of DMB I hear on The Spectrum. :idunno:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
:hw::whistle:

Actually, I have found while I dislike most of the DMB singles, I have actually enjoyed some of the deeper cuts of DMB I hear on The Spectrum. :idunno:
If it was a few months ago, we'd be able to rejoice that we could listen to The Bridge...for about two weeks! :p