Debt...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So Ivan from Tax Actski was helpful? Yes?
Congratulations comrade. Da.

Now the Chinese can watch me through my security camera and the Russians can monitor all my computer activity.

Also, you know tax day has been delayed until May 17? I was all worried I only had 8 days to go until the 14th. But whatever, I'm really happy to have it done. That was my only real worry, now (besides my super easy part time gig) all I need to do is wait around for next Monday to go to Disney.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Or Top 1000 Phish Concerts.

That's a lot of guitar solos.

I've talked about how I pay for LivePhish where they have every single show since 2003 and a bunch of shows before that. What I've been doing is picking a year and listening to every show from that year. They usually do 1-3 tours per year and it's interesting to see how they change things up between tours even in the same year. I'm doing 2019 now because I miss modern Phish.

Right now I'm listening to the third show of their semi festival from Scotch's stomping ground, Riviera Maya Mexico.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Right now I'm listening to the third show of their semi festival from Scotch's stomping ground, Riviera Maya Mexico.
Well they certainly have the spare time down there to endure an entire Phish concert, but I don't think the place qualifies as my stomping ground. One and done, as they say. The hotel was fantastic, but the beach was "meh", and in hindsight, we're not all-you-can-eat-and-drink kind of people.

We're actually looking into Anguilla. Anyone been there?

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
We're actually looking into Anguilla. Anyone been there?

Ha! I've been there! But if memory serves it was only for a day as a stop on a cruise. When I was in 7th or 8th grade my Aunt and Uncle took me on a super long cruise that stopped all over the Caribbean.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You will be amazed how much better the car rides when it is paid off.
I paid mine off 9 years ago, and you're right, the ride is soooo much better when that happens.
I should start setting money aside for the next one, but I'm not planning on shopping any time soon. When I was in college, an old boss told me to try to save money to buy my next car without having to take a loan. (You earn interest on your money instead of paying someone else the interest for the loan.) It sounded like some stupid advice a well-to-do boss would tell a broke kid, but it actually works if you aren't already making a car payment. I took the financing from the dealership anyway because they were giving me a slightly better price thinking they would make it back in interest. You had to hold the loan for 60 days or something before pay-off without getting hit with a penalty. I paid it off in about 4 months. Granted, it's just a Focus, and not something expensive. If I can, I'll try to do something like that next time.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've gotten car loans/ leases for 0.5% or 1% interest. The problem with putting money aside is that it's not actually doing anything for you, and you're making no money off it - except for the eventual savings on interest, which is reduced by the time value of the money. But I agree that it's better than putting everything on credit at a high rate.

Reactions: sadchild