Describe you're dream radio......

GAMER

Oct 27, 2008
I'll start.
first it would be an i pod touch with satellite radio capability and would have a 100 hour battery life even with all the stuff on, screen, wifi ect.
I know this type of radio will never exist, but it dosen't hurt to dream big huh.

Last edited:

Derek

Nov 10, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I'll start.
first it would be an i pod touch with satellite radio capability and would have a 100 hour battery life even with all the stuff on, screen, wifi ect.
I know this type of radio will never exist, but it dosen't hurt to dream big huh.
Definitely Wifi capability (for things other than streaming SatRad, I mean). 16GB or more of memory, battery life of at least ten hours.

Nov 13, 2008
I envision the perfect radio to incorporate the xmp3 technology into a mobile phone device like a Blackberry, iPhone, or Palm product. 16 gb storage, micro SD card, wifi, USB-chargable, multiple recording capabilities, etc. I am sick of carrying around 2-3 devices at one time.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
I'll start.

tack on am/fm for laughs and sign me up

GAMER

Oct 27, 2008
I envision the perfect radio to incorporate the xmp3 technology into a mobile phone device like a Blackberry, iPhone, or Palm product. 16 gb storage, micro SD card, wifi, USB-chargable, multiple recording capabilities, etc. I am sick of carrying around 2-3 devices at one time.

"I am sick of carrying around 2-3 devices at one time." I so agree, it gets really old.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
What about a radio that you could switch to either satellite system? Would an interoperable receiver do this? If you're having a tough time getting a Sirius signal, you could swith over to XM's network and vice versa.

jcrean

Nov 10, 2008
Rock Hill, SC
I would love to have a portable XM unit like the XMp3, but with 80 gigs for MP3's - like my iPod. But also add to that, AM/FM and HD Radio.
Would love to have every possible choice available to me in one complete unit.
(Also, WiFi capability. So I could listen to internet radio. Why not?)

I just saw the XMp3 up close in Best Buy yesterday. It's a pretty sweet looking unit - I LOVE the ability to check out the program guide on it!! But, I unfortunately don't want to have to buy yet ANOTHER XM unit. I've already upgraded 5 times in the 5 years that I've had XM. Went from the original SkyFi to the SkyFi2. The Roady to the Roady2 to the MyFi to the inno. Also from the Sirius PNP2 to the Sportster 4.

GAMER

Oct 27, 2008
I would love to have a portable XM unit like the XMp3, but with 80 gigs for MP3's - like my iPod. But also add to that, AM/FM and HD Radio.

I just saw the XMp3 up close in Best Buy yesterday. It's a pretty sweet looking unit - I LOVE the ability to check out the program guide on it!! But, I unfortunately don't want to have to buy yet ANOTHER XM unit. I've already upgraded 5 times in the 5 years that I've had XM. Went from the original SkyFi to the SkyFi2. The Roady to the Roady2 to the MyFi to the inno. Also from the Sirius PNP2 to the Sportster 4.

I too am so sick of upgrading radios, it gets expensive.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
Interoperable XMP3, with WiFi like the Stiletto, more memory, and longer battery life. Also a pair of antenna headphones that don't look dorky. If it would fit in my iphone that would be great.

SubSonic

Dec 24, 2008
Central NC
tack on am/fm for laughs and sign me up

AM/Fm still have their uses. Local ball games (including high school) and such aren't beeing beamed up to the satellites yet - not in my area anyway. Also handy for local college teams when they play smaller schools in preseason since a lot of those games don't make it onto a big enough network to end up on TV or on satrad - like UNC (The UNC) vs UNC-Ashville, etc.

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
a portable xm radio that works in a building that can hold 2000 or more songs recorded or put on by you, fm/am for the hell of it, 40 presets, car and home dock station, just about all this is possible except i would want for it to get signal in building.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Assuming satellite signal can never break through walls, I would think the XM people would be able to come up with a G2 like on the go radio for Sirius XM. You could load your favorite music stations and some talk/sports/entertainment channel clips from your favorite talk channels. Kind've like the best of talk radio clips for the day/week. Plus offer 60's on 6 Sonic Sound Salute and since we're dreaming sell for 20 bucks. I could go for that.

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

How can either Sirius XM or HD radio benefit by including the competition?

It's not going to happen. The last thing HD radio wants is for their radios to include satellite access. The last thing SiriusXM wants is for their radios to include access to other services.

A Stiletto 2 (can play MP3's, access Sirius Internet Radio, and can save music channels for later playback) on the Sirius AND XM repeater systems would be great.