Disney to make new 'Star Wars' films

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

This is neat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HecticArt likes this.
  5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

HecticArt likes this.
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Finally! A proper marketing effort. I wonder how they will manage the product placement in the film.

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Saw Solo this afternoon. It was fine. I liked that droid. Didn't really like the guy playing Harrison. The Khaleesi was fine. Overall it wasn't awful but after the first 40 minutes I started to get bored. I am very shaken up at the moment and still managed to fall asleep for a few minutes during the whole 12 parsecs scene so I guess that means it wasn't very good. I'll give it another shot at home sometime. Maybe my opinion will change if I stay awake for the whole thing.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    HecticArt likes this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It took me 2 tries to get through the last Blade Runner.

The first time we put it on was a Friday night around 11pm. After a long week of work, and going out for dinner, it probably wasn't a smart time to start a 3D movie.

It was kind of slow, but visually stunning. It could have been an hour shorter to keep the story moving along.

11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

They got greedy.

JHDK likes this.
  13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yep, they should kept it in there December release date. The next Star Wars movie comes out in Dec 2019.

Plus they need to stop telling old stories. There so many other stories that can be told that has nothing to do with the originals and anything related to Skywalker.

JHDK likes this.
  14. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

Perhaps it is also a carryover that VIII kinda sucked.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Wolf likes this.
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Agreed, if IX sucks as well. Disney might as well stop making Star Wars movies. That are starting to turn in DC movies.

16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Yup. They wanted to test the waters to see if they could get away with 2 per year like how Marvel does and it didn't work. I wonder how long until they try again.

Marvel started with one, then went to 2 and as of last year are now pumping out 3 every year. I'm sure they were hoping to get there with Star Wars too.

17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The Collider podcast talked just about the same thing you were talking about. But technically we are getting like 4 or 5 Marvel movies a year. Three from Disney and the others are from Fox and Sony.

I recall what they said and Lucasfilm was hoping to release two Star Wars films a year. It could happen within the next couple of years. It could work if it is done right. I personally think have one dedicated to the old storyline and the other movie would have nothing to do with the originals.

18. IdRatherBeSkiing

Not every movie in this model needs to be the greatest opening of all time. Just needs to make $$$ for the studio to be happy.

HecticArt likes this.
  19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

Overreacting.

HecticArt likes this.