Does Second-Hand Smoke Really Void Apple's Warranty?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This thread is hilarious.

I am glad you found it funny because that was my goal was to have fun and I did. :)

But I'd be willing to try the iced tea though. I'm a little thirsty today,
and I think my glaucoma may be acting up too.

ROTFLOL :)

I can't put my finger it but in MHO Apple ain't cool. :confused

Could it be that cigarette you have between your fingers? :p

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Speaking of iced tea, xan_user won't even drink Snapple because "Apple" is it's root word.

And forget about using apps.... 'cause? You guessed it! It has that pesky "app" right in the middle. And you can't have Apple without app!

Mwuahahahahahhaaa.

/stiring the pot.
//I'm taking bets

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Speaking of iced tea, xan_user won't even drink Snapple because "Apple" is it's root word.

And forget about using apps.... 'cause? You guessed it! It has that pesky "app" right in the middle. And you can't have Apple without app!

Mwuahahahahahhaaa.

/stiring the pot.
//I'm taking bets

He doesn't work either from what I understand as that would be a JOB! LOL

Funny stuff hyson, I sure hope Xan knows we are just having fun with him/her/it. ;)

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
SnAPPLE is a lot less evil since it dropped the high-fructose corn syrup.

Ho hum, like I never bad mouth any other companies but apple- its just the other corps dont have such an easily offended fan bois-er, I mean fanbase.

Quick list of other corporations that I can recall bagging on here and on other forums, SirusXM, chevron,GM, ford,Microsoft,Sony, slacker, pharmaceuticals, tobacco, PG&E, the military war complex, HP, Gateway,ThermalTake, Wall street, Verizon, Adobe, att, BestBuy on and on...

-If DAB could ignore even the slightest criticism of apple, then my dislike for some of apples choices would not stand out from my other corporate bashing.
ok im still a bit bummed, and harbor some fresh resentment because I couldn't get the 13" mattebook after saving up the $, and the keyboard thing is just plain dumb.
but no more so than the companies making it difficult/criminal to backup games or dvds, or making it impossible to use legally purchased software on a computer with no optical drive, or installing drm software when I play a bought cd on a computer, or making drmed cd's that dont work in all stereo receiver CD players. or products with planed obsolesce, the week after the warranty expires.

Fact of the matter is if I saw an article about any electronics maker denying warranty claims from second hand smoke, I would have posted it. -Cause smoking is Kool.

Joe tran, I assume your asking me? Not in a coons age.
We're a nonprofit co-op, providing a service, that offers thank you gifts in return for donations. (sliding scale depending on a patients needs and economics)

And yes , linux rocks! -Just sell my (other) boss on it!

Any freeware service should be used over a closed system. And i dont only mean free, by freeware, i mean free to use how you wish, even if you bought it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
xan, I don't agree with you most of the time but DRM sucks donkey balls.

That's one thing I can't stand.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
xan, I don't agree with you most of the time but DRM sucks donkey balls.

That's one thing I can't stand.

No one likes DRM and I agree it is one of the only things Xan talks about in regards to Apple that isn't this poor poor pitiful me shit. I can't get what I want so Apple is this terrible company! Apple stole the rights to my favorite keyboard, they should burn in hell. You know and then you repeat it over and over and over! Get over it already DAWG, we don't care! LOL

For the record I've criticized Apple on many fronts, just don't find it necessary to start little nitpicking threads and repeat myself over and over except when necessary to clear up all that highly principled nonsense that Xan post and most of the time I do that because I know I will get a rise! hehehe It works like magic!

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Ok DAB I get it, If the article I posted was about HP/dell/gateway/M$ refusing warranties due to cigs, you'd be here to defend them to the death, and offer to service any naysayers with your sports equipment too!:p
What else could a site ask for in a moderator?:sarcasm:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Ok DAB I get it, If the article I posted was about HP/dell/gateway/M$ refusing warranties due to cigs, you'd be here to defend them to the death, and offer to service any naysayers with your sports equipment too!:p
What else could a site ask for in a moderator?:sarcasm:

If you harped on any of those companies like you do Apple, I would do the same. However, the fact is your posting history clearly shows that is not the case. I know you want us to believe that, but it simply isn't.

You whined a bit about MS blocking folks from using their online system on the 360 and I suppose you think this constitutes a fair and balanced approach across all companies. You nitpick specifically with Apple though and I am not the only one that sees this. :eek:

By the way those other companies can and do refuse warranty coverage if you send in your computer and it is all gunked up from cigarettes use. I gave you the example of my brother sending in his HP and them refusing to work on it and it was less than 6 months old. They told him the fan was totally gunked up with tar and dust. They offered to replace the fan, but at full cost. So, while you'd like us to believe that Apple is the only company that does that it just isn't true. Which was my one and only argument, if you want to say one company does it and report it like they are the only one and knowing what I know, I felt the record needed to be clear on this. Had you posted that article and then said other companies do the same, so this is a growing trend, you'd got no argument from me whatsoever.

Most moderators are laid back don't really get too involved in posting and sort of just keep an eye on things. I am not that type moderator, sorry to disappoint you! I have fun and I enjoy myself and over the years not to toot my own horn, but I've added a lot to this site and helped many folks along the way. I get a bit brash, have very strong opinions and I don't take shit of anyone, that is just me. I will always be who I am regardless. The one thing that folks like MM, Taylor and other will tell you I have a VERY strong sense of humor and having fun is what makes life worth living. I feel rather sorry folks that take stuff so seriously and chose to live their life and look at everything through some sort of fine set of principles that clearly don't even apply to most of us.

The golf club thing was a take off your own example and meant to be funny. Seems you are the only one that didn't get it perhaps! Certainly not at the time since you took it all so personally. :scratch: Honestly it wasn't personal and I am not mad at you nor do I even dislike you.

All I am saying is lighten up man, lets some of this Apple shit go and have some freaking fun. I think we all know what your feelings are in regards to Apple, you don't have to keep repeating yourself! But if you do, I'll have to counter you Dawg, I just can't help myself! hehehe!!! :D What is really funny is I don't even counter you because I think so highly of Apple, there is much about them I truly do dislike, I do it because I know it will get a rise out of you and I can't miss out on that fun opportunity! LOL

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Sweet blog DAWG!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLfGBKO8vOc"]YouTube - FNM - We Care A Lot 1985 (Original)[/ame]

I guess you missed rule #67, "dont take others posts too personally", but you pick and choose what you read, so no surprises there. continue to thrunt up every negative i post about apple, and you will probably continue to see more apple noise than anything else.

Im thinking DAB stands for DefendingAppleBlindly. :confused:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am thinking you are likely totally full of shit and yet I am laughing at your nonsense, I'd say that is practicing Rule 62! LOL You might try it DAWG! Seriously! hehehe

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I am thinking you are likely totally full of shit and yet I am laughing at your nonsense, I'd say that is practicing Rule 62! LOL You might try it DAWG! Seriously! hehehe

LOL! It's so funny to call people names! You're an immature asshole! LOL!

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Whoa whoa whoa, wtf is going on in here.

Everyone calm the frig down, for Christ sake.

This is going waaay off topic and no where good for non-mods.

Sheesh.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Oops...double post.

Delete when you get a chance...or don't. :p

Last edited: