Drc Has Moved To A New Hosting Provider

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Digital Radio Central hasn't had a lot of love for a bit, so some things have evolved.

1> We moved to A2Hosting during the overnight. Haven't done much for optimization yet, but we're moved. Things seem a bit faster for me, especially in SSL mode.
2> SiriusBackstage has been upgraded to vB 3.8.11. Not that this matters, but it's done. It's also been spun off as siriusbackstage.com.
3> DRC has been upgraded to 1.3.10 of Xenforo, and plugins were updated. Eventually we'll be at the latest, which I think is 1.5. It's paid for, just a matter of evolving/updating the theme, etc.
4> SSL is default, ideally it might help us with our Google visibility.
5> Tapatalk was also updated to the latest.

If you run into any problems, reach out to me. droo(at)tss-radio.com . Also, if there's any plugins/feature wants, throw them out there.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Bumped this to 1.5.18 of Xenforo and updated the Media Links subsystem too. No big whoop.

This may explain the weird formatting issues I get when I go into a thread every now and again. I reload and it comes up correct. It's like it is missing the boxes for all the posts.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
They update the thing constantly. I usually wait until there's an update for the core before I do the updates for the plugins. Everything is 'current' as of today. At least until we go to 2.0 of Xenforo, which comes with its own issues.

The big one is that Casual Theme isn't available as a visual plugin on 2.0. I can't even buy a compatible version for that.

Doesn't mean we couldn't re-skin the site again, there's only minimal visual differences, but it is a consideration.

Reactions: HecticArt