Drc Madness #17: Food Madness

What type of Food Madness should we have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Setting up the 2nd round matchups for later this week. They're quite a few ties, nothing unusual there. But there is one matchup that has more passes votes than a winner. I remember this situation happened in another madness tournament. I was thinking of having both items not advancing to the next round, that would be kinda madness. How does that sound?
If one has more votes than the other, I'd still be in favor of it advancing.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
I don't have rules on pass votes overriding the matchup yet.

Wouldn't be kinda madness if an item gets a bye. Because the other matchup pass votes win?

This makes sense. Unless it was a tie.
If pass votes and the food tie, I would say the food would still advance. Because the food votes would override the pass votes. Unless you guys think if pass votes and the food tie, then that item doesn't advance?

I already allow 3 and 4-way matches throughout the tournament, what other tournament allows that?

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
I think it would be kinda interesting if we have a double elimination for a match-up.

But again it might not be fair for it's opponent getting an automatic advance. Maybe take the loser with the most votes and give them an second chance or round up the losers and whoever wins. Make them face that opponent?

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I think it would be kinda interesting if we have a double elimination for a match-up.

But again it might not be fair for it's opponent getting an automatic advance. Maybe take the loser with the most votes and give them an second chance or round up the losers and whoever wins. Make them face that opponent?
I think if Meme bothered to vote, he'd pick sushi. But he only chimes-in here when he feels a sarcastic or contrarian point is needed.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

Still trying to save your sherbet are you?

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
There haven't been any more votes for the past couple of days and I won't post the 2nd round matches yet. But I'm locking in the results. Since "Pass Votes" defeated Sushi and Welsh Rarebit, I'm declaring a double elimination.

But it's opponent shouldn't get an easy 2nd round bye. I already have the 2nd round matches ready but one. I went through all the losers that received 3 votes and here are the runners-ups. I'm having quick 24-hour 2nd chance voting to determine to fill in that vacant spot. Please vote for only one item.

Banana
Boston Cream Pie
Calzone
Clam Chowder
Filet Mignon
Fried Clams
Grapes
Green Bean Casserole
Hot Dog
Hushpuppies
Macaroni & Cheese
Manwiches