Drc Madness #17: Food Madness

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Feb 13, 2019.

?

What type of Food Madness should we have?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2019.
  1. Food Categories Competition

33.3%
  2. Food Fight (All foods face each other)

66.7%
  1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

A pass is just a pass. It has no value.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Here are results so far for the 2nd chance elimination and which will close at 7 pm EST. Then then the 2nd round will begin.

Filet Mignon - Aaron, Id Rather
    Hot Dog - Channel98
    Sushi - Hectic
    Rainbow Sherbet - Evil

3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Then less eliminate pass and simply vote on everything. Like how we we're originally doing.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have always passed on 2 choices I didn’t like. But that is me choosing not to vote on that choice not rendering my support for madness.

5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Which is nothing wrong with that. There some match-ups I don't like either and I'm starting to use the pass. Others have been using it for a while.

Now I want to use the passed choice in play and not use it as a throw away vote.

6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm trying to work with everybody and hopefully we all can be on the same page. I don't want this to be a plain old boring NCAA tournament, I want some fun with a twist in it. So are you, scotch and everybody else almost cool with these rules?

Temporary rules format as examples below on how things get advance and eliminated.

Pass has more votes and it's a double elimination. Why not use the 2nd chance elimination just for the 1st round?

Nachos - 2
    Pass - 4
    Orange - 2

Pass has more votes then Orange. It should be a it's a double elimination. Yes Orange has more votes then Nachos, but we are simply throwing away the passing votes. Why not use the 2nd chance elimination just for the 1st round?

Nachos - 2
    Pass - 4
    Orange - 3

Pass and Orange ties, then Orange overrides the tie.

Nachos - 2
    Pass - 3
    Orange - 3

There a tie, then both advance. Depending on the round and I use the tie breaking system with the amount of votes determined.

Nachos - 3
    Pass - 2
    Orange - 3

Nachos has more votes it advances and Orange is officially eliminated.

Nachos - 4
    Pass - 2
    Orange - 2

During the off-season we can re-look at these rules and correct everything.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  7. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Your're fine Wolf. I enjoy your madness. Sounds good. The burden should also be on us nominators to nominate good quality stuff like Cheeseburgers, Pizza and Hot Dogs. Not bad quality stuff like celery, carrots and peas that will probably by pass. And although I eat more carrots because i'm an old man its not fun stuff for the tourney. I will try to be more selective with my nominations. I'm not sure about the NCAA tournament this year. I think when it starts up people might begin to show interest but right now it sounds pretty dead. I'm hoping it will transition us into the nice weather so I can ride my bike instead of always having to go to planet fitness. I don't know who is the favorite for this but it sounds like it will be a knock down all out drag out food fight

Wolf likes this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

It's all good, I don't mind good and bad quality nominations. It's like the Patriots vs. the Browns.

9. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Well, Mister Wolf certainly clarified everything! I'm almost afraid to ask what happens if somebody votes for orange-flavored nachos. :D

Wolf likes this.
  10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

They can wash it down with this.

[​IMG]

11. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Contrary to popular belief, I sometimes do things other than sit on DRC reading long posts. It seems like some convoluted shit's been going down. Here's how things have always worked, and should continue:

- If people want to pass, let them pass.
    - The item with the most votes in the pair (or triple) wins.
    - There is no threshold for the above: any margin wins.
    - There has never been a rule requiring plurality (more votes than passes).
    - "Pass" cannot win.
    - "Pass" cannot cause the elimination of the choices.

From the responses I'm seeing, everyone agrees with these principles.

HecticArt, Channel98, Aaron and 2 others like this.
  12. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I support this too.

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

Third.

14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I being serious now, basically, you are saying you don't give a shit when I post something long. Well, tuff this is going to be another long post.

When I ask for feedback, I might get a response. I do read your everybody post, I try to commodate with you guys and work the rules with everybody. But when somebody does something different, the rules have to change and nobody seems to be satisfied with it. When you or IdRather post that's when everybody comes out and response.

Basically, I can tell sometimes I get no respect around here. I want to try and create a fun game with everybody. All the games in the past I have created are officially dead, seems like just about everyone ignores my post/games whatever and rather play the other one.

I post some new rules Madison, Channel98 was ok with it. I read Hectic post and he just goes along everything. Yes, I did ask for feedback and I finally got something from scotch. Besides an argument with IdRather.

- If people want to pass, let them pass.
    I already agreed to pass is the third option.

- The item with the most votes in the pair (or triple) wins.
    Correct, if there a tie. Then I have to use the tie-breaking system for previous rounds.

- There is no threshold for the above: any margin wins.
    ???

- There has never been a rule requiring plurality (more votes than passes).
    Correct, but there has been a couple of times which pass almost won. Now it officially happened, that why I ask for people suggestions and some people were ok and against it.

- "Pass" cannot win.
    - "Pass" cannot cause the elimination of the choices.
    We really don't know. That's why I call this game Madness with similar rules to NCAA tournament but with a chaotic twist.

We need to have an official vote about the pass votes. Yes, I will allow the third option of passing, but I don't want those votes being wasted. I would like to make use out of them which could turn into double elimination. That is why is this game is called Madness.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  15. Channel98

I don't drink beer or alcohol -- never have, never will. But for those of you who do like beer, I'd like to suggest we could ask this British brewery to sponsor the tournament:

upload_2019-3-6_16-7-21.jpeg

16. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Time has finally arrived and the 2nd chance elimination voting is officially over. I know somebody was thinking I was going to pull a dick move and vote for Rainbow Sherbet and think I rigged this whole thing to keep Rainbow Sherbet alive somehow. Well guess what I didn't even vote at all, I was going to save it for a tiebreaker if I had too.

Here are the official results for the 2nd chance elimination.

Filet Mignon - Aaron, IdRather
    Hot Dog - Channel98
    Sushi - Hectic
    Rainbow Sherbet - Evil

Filet Mignon won was going to replace Sushi in the 2nd round. But I know some people will still complain that Sushi was eliminated by the dumb "Pass" vote. As a courtesy, I will put Sushi back and add Filet Mignon to its competition.

The 2nd round will be posted shortly.

Aaron likes this.
  17. Channel98

Every time I hear the word "eliminate," I immediately recall Chicolini's trial in the Marx Brothers' movie Duck Soup: "That sort of testimony we can eliminate." "At'sa good, I'll take one." "You'll take what?" "Eliminate. A nice, cold glass eliminate."

Aaron likes this.
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Starting the next round of madness on page 15.

19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Rainbow

20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Sherbet