Drc Madness #18: Saturday Night Live

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
We are fast approaching to 64 spots. Probably in a couple of hours, I should have a list of whom has been nominated.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
I hardly ever watch SNL, hopefully these characters are recurring bits and not one time only stuff.
Going through everything and even researching through SNL fan sites which helps. I was thinking of using recurring sketches. I found some sketches that were were not recurring roles. These sketches nominated below were one time only unless you guys want to have them in the tournament?

Rob Schneider The Richmeister
Cheeseburger Cheeseburger No Coke Pepsi
Adam Sandler's Halloween Give Me Some Candy

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
The attached PDF is all the items that have been nominated so far and some have questions on.

So far we have:
35 characters and sketches
16 cast members
Total - 51

3 have questions on which are seperated from everything.

Attachments

Reactions: JHDK

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Going through everything and even researching through SNL fan sites which helps. I was thinking of using recurring sketches. I found some sketches that were were not recurring roles. These sketches nominated below were one time only unless you guys want to have them in the tournament?

Rob Schneider The Richmeister
Cheeseburger Cheeseburger No Coke Pepsi
Adam Sandler's Halloween Give Me Some Candy
The Richmeister was recurring. It was a regular part of SNL when Schneider was there. That's the character he was pretty much known for.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
I'm going to call it now. We have 64 nominations

44 characters and sketches
20 cast members

I will randomly select match-ups and post it by the end of the week.

Thank you, everybody, for nominating.

Here is the live link to the nomination page.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I nominated Debbie Downer but the list shows Madison as the nominator. I did not nominate Emily Litella or the Caveman Lawyer but the list shows that I did. Since I've been on this site for only four months, somebody will have to explain this patently puzzling peculiarity: Did Mister Wolf inadvertently make those mistakes.....or did he do it on purpose as part of the "Madness"?

And – "Oh no-o-o-o-o" – what happened to Mr. Bill? He deserves at least an honorable mention.

Or a horrible mention.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Don’t complain unless the one you didn’t get credit for wins. If one of the ones you didn’t nominate but for credit for ... shut up.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
If anyone recalls late last year. I wanted to bring the Madness game to the next level. I was going to try it out on certain sites like voting and tourney pages. But it wasn't working out.

A couple of months ago a friend showed me some tips on how to use Google sheets, forms, etc. that I can incorporate everything together and show things live as it goes along. I don't have to worry about taking snapshots and uploading/attaching jps, pdf to websites.

So now when you guys vote. I can either post or show the voting results page live. Like the nomination, the page is doing. So hopefully you guys like the new features and more will come down the road. Let me know if you guys have any questions or thoughts on it.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
I nominated Debbie Downer but the list shows Madison as the nominator. I did not nominate Emily Litella or the Caveman Lawyer but the list shows that I did. Since I've been on this site for only four months, somebody will have to explain this patently puzzling peculiarity: Did Mister Wolf inadvertently make those mistakes.....or did he do it on purpose as part of the "Madness"?

And – "Oh no-o-o-o-o" – what happened to Mr. Bill? He deserves at least an honorable mention.

Or a horrible mention.
Maybe when I sorted the list, it probably messed up who nominated what. I'll take a look at some time tomorrow.

Plus some people nominated the same thing so I went with the first suggestion.

When you guys nominated the sketch. I had to do some research if it was a recurring role by what cast members.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia

Or a horrible mention.
Now looking back I did miss that nomination.

I nominated Norm Macdonald too.
I'm currently running multiple projects and all I did was write down names yesterday. I didn't know who that guy in the pic was at that moment and now I realize it was Norm. I'm not always great with remembering names with faces even though they are somewhat famous.

Probably be helpful next time if you include the name. I had a lot of research to do yesterday on some stuff.

Sorry that I missed them or messed up. But if you guys want your nominations added then somebody will have to give up a slot. I'm not doing the qualifying nominations for the last extra spots this time.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Take these misses and the last nomination and have a runoff.

Or make 2 slots 3 way for first round.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk