Dutch Delectables

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ok i need to finally join the music conversation now that i have seen this:

there is just so much going on here and its all wonderful! that opening is amazing, somehow the song is even worse than you imagine when you hear 'corey feldman has a new tune', im pretty sure none of those women in the background are actually playing their instruments and at the end hes doing some sort of embarrassing michael jackson impression.

ive watched it 3 times in a row now and cant get enough.

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
new phish album, big boat, out in a couple weeks and the whole thing can be heard early here:

First Listen: Phish, 'Big Boat' : NPR

they played a bunch of these during their last few tours. i like how the fishman song 'friends' leads off the album. its pretty well known that he is by far the worst singer of the 4 but hes also lots of fun and its nice to see his tune get writing/vocal credit for the opening tune. it appears they got the album title from lyrics in this tune as well.

also nice that they seem to be back to cranking out 12 or 13 new songs every 2 years. there was a mid to late 00's lull there for awhile.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
initial play through my favorites are:

breath and burning
blaze on
no men in no mans land
more
petrichor

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
some of their letterman appearances were awesome. nice to see them back on late night.

Phish ‏@phish 1m1 minute ago
Mike and Trey in the green room for @FallonTonight. Tune in at 11:35pm ET tonight.

Cub6MIPWIAAzUfV.jpg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
phish video stream half their tour and of course tonight in nashville when bob weir is on stage with them for pretty much the entire second set we have no video feed. BOO!!!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

coincidence i just watched 8 mile last night and then this comes out.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
green day is cool. letting a fan up to play a song is awesome. this video is so cool i initially thought it was a setup but the kids crappy voice makes me think its real. also, just cause his voice sucks doesn't mean this kid is not amazing. he a freaking natural. getting to play a song with your favorite band is every kids dream and this guy nailed it! awesome stage presence to go along with playing the song like a champ. i just love everything about this video.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I still like cds for new music. I like the packaging and liner notes. I usually rip them right away though.
^This. Plus, I will "invest" in an artist. If I hear a new song from a band, I'll either check-out the rest of the album, or wait for other songs to get airplay, and then decide if I want to put them on my list for CD or vinyl purchase. If I like a song or two from someone, but don't want to buy their CD, I'll be satisfied hearing the song on the radio for the next six months or so; I won't feel compelled to download it.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
this is interesting. neat how japan is still more or less all in on physical media still today.

Cv1EunqVMAAf1Eh.jpg:large
This is an interesting chart. Just some random observations:
- Japan and Germany must like their "pieces of vinyl".
- Not surprisingly, China downloads nearly all their music.
- Argentina, Brazil, Netherlands, and France must have a lot of venues where cover bands are the thing.