Escape and Pop2k Mono

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Are these channels in mono on Sirius radios also? Blend, Escape, Pop2K & The Groove have all changed to mono on the Satellite mode on my Lnyx. Not a big issue for me, because I listen to the Internet feed mostly.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I think we can add Soul Street & Real Jazz to the list. What gives? Besides the DMB channel I don't see any other new channels taking up the bandwidth..

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think we can add Soul Street & Real Jazz to the list. What gives? Besides the DMB channel I don't see any other new channels taking up the bandwidth..

I will see if I can test these channels on my SL2 this afternoon. I have a recording on right now so I can't. My guess is MLB + NFL + college sports + SXM 2.0 channels = bandwidth shortage.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Same amount of bandwidth allotted for MLB, NFL & College as last year- not an issue. Only possibility is 2.0 channels (mostly Latino). 2 new channels just added don't count because they removed 2. I'm not sure SXM even knows this has happened.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Same amount of bandwidth allotted for MLB, NFL & College as last year- not an issue. Only possibility is 2.0 channels (mostly Latino). 2 new channels just added don't count because they removed 2. I'm not sure SXM even knows this has happened.

Were new channels internet only? Or 2.0 sat channels as well?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They sound stereo to me on my SL2. This would make it the XM side and may be a result of the 2.0 channels which I believe are on the XM spectrum.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
2.0 channels were added in October of 2011. How could that be the reason 12 months later?

September has always been a crunch of bandwidth. Most sports are active. This is the first September with 2.0 channels. In the past they have dropped some talk channels on Sunday afternoon to make room. However, they may be dropping 1 channel from several music channels as an alternative. Less visibility than a missing channel.

Or they messed up in their bandwidth calculations this month and this is the result.

scott0702

Sep 27, 2012
Woodland Hills, ca
Are these channels in mono on Sirius radios also? Blend, Escape, Pop2K & The Groove have all changed to mono on the Satellite mode on my Lnyx. Not a big issue for me, because I listen to the Internet feed mostly.

Is Blend also mono? I thought so when I was listening the other night and I asked on another forum and the person said no it was in stereo. I don't know what is going on because they were all in stereo before. I have asked listener care on their Twitter site and also sent a follow up and the response was there is no news to share. Kind of frustrating they can't notify customers of change whether this is temporary or permanent.

Reactions: Aaron

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Is Blend also mono? I thought so when I was listening the other night and I asked on another forum and the person said no it was in stereo. I don't know what is going on because they were all in stereo before. I have asked listener care on their Twitter site and also sent a follow up and the response was there is no news to share. Kind of frustrating they can't notify customers of change whether this is temporary or permanent.
Is your radio Sirius or XM?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Their silence on the matter on this board and on XMFan has been 'curious'.

There are only certain things that they either have information available for, or are allowed to talk about. Just remember, your boss doesn't necessarily want you talking about everything that's happening at your place of business.

Hopefully management will issue a press release or at least provide the necessary info to the Help people.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
There are only certain things that they either have information available for, or are allowed to talk about. Just remember, your boss doesn't necessarily want you talking about everything that's happening at your place of business.

Hopefully management will issue a press release or at least provide the necessary info to the Help people.

I understand that. But its the potential that SXM is suppressing them from saying even a 'it's a known issue -- we are working on it' is what is curious.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I understand that. But its the potential that SXM is suppressing them from saying even a 'it's a known issue -- we are working on it' is what is curious.

Who knows. There may not have even been enough people that have noticed it that they have even discussed it yet. It could also be something technical that they expect to have ironed out before it's worth commenting on. It could just be the scrunched fall bandwidth thing, and they may not like to advertise that they do that from time to time. :idunno: Idunno. Just trying to look at more sides of the coin. There are more than 2 after all.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
From Pop2K's FB:
We are in mono, they took part of our signal to split with another channel. And to answer you question no we do not know when we will get that stereo capacity on satellite back. We weren't really informed it was going to happen but we are trying to make some noise about it. And no this channel is not going anywhere that we are aware of