Every Superhero Movie Coming Out Through 2020

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

2. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Unknown movies I won't be seeing.

3. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

It's kinda scary but no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to see them. If they make tons of money they will make more.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

semipenguin likes this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

They already made the Unknown (2011) - IMDb movie staring Liam Neeson.

[​IMG]

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Better get your tickers checked. Don't want to die before all the new Star Wars films come out o_O

HecticArt and Wolf like this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Hopefully 20 years from now if they make episodes 10 - 12, they don't re-number them and switch them out with 7 - 9.

semipenguin likes this.
  7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Yawn. I'm much more excited about the new Michel Gondry film opening today.

[​IMG]

semipenguin likes this.
  8. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

That's the sequel to Rochelle, Rochelle, right? :oops:

Ehilbert1 likes this.
  9. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Movies just haven't cut the mustard this summer.

I heard it was a huge blockbuster bust.

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I'm sure the investors in huge blockbusters are sad about that, but why should anyone else care?

I enjoyed "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" and "Godzilla".

semipenguin likes this.
  11. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I had to Google that.

semipenguin likes this.
  12. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Because original movies are a big gamble for the industry. If they don't make money whereas sequels do, you can count on not seeing any real new stuff.

Maybe you don't care...I know I don't. Sequels are an easy bet for Hollywood.

semipenguin and Ehilbert1 like this.
  13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I don't understand your post. The top 8 films this summer are all sequels, remakes or spin-offs. The only original content in the top 10 (excluding a Marvel movie based on a less well known comic book) is "Fault in Our Stars", and it's made 10 times as much as it cost to make.

If Hollywood has a lesson in these numbers it's that original films are more profitable than sequels.

14. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

What do you make of this?

List of film sequels by box-office improvement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The concept isn't hard to understand, nor is it my own.

An original movie has the potential to flop, as it's unproven. It may make a ton of money by itself - it may not. However, successful sequels, namely the 2nd movie, can generate more revenue over the long haul for a franchise. Less risk, more potential profits. Easy, right?

15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

What I don't understand is what that has to do with this summer's box office results. The numbers are down from last year and the top 10 is full of sequels.

16. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

The movies are still generating retarded amounts of money...just not as much as 2013.

2015 should prove better.

17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Avatar (2009 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Avatar the #1 movie box office hit of all-time, with an worldwide gross of $2,787,965,087. They are making an #2 and 3, but it won't be coming out sometime in 2016 - 2018. I doubt the sequels could reach the amount the first one made, unless James Cameron can blow everybody minds and make them the future all-time gross movie?

18. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Naturally, there are exceptions.

But these large film companies don't want to gamble with their money. They got lucky with Avatar...it easily could have flopped. BUT because it was so successful, more money is being invested into the sequels that new and original movies may not get.

Wolf likes this.
  19. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

There are people that just hate Michael Bay movies. Hate the idea of his movies. I'm just like WTF?? Who cares?? If your not going to see them then what is the problem? I don't mind them. To me their popcorn movies with big ass explosions. I took my nephew to see the new Transformers. It wasn't that great but he loved it.

We go see a lot of those super hero movies. It's a bonding thing. I figure fathers take their sons to see them too. Some have been good and some have been bad. It's obvious their making money. The new Transformers was't great but made a ton of cash here and over seas.

Hey Semi. I want to see the sequel to Death Blow! Gotta love Seinfeld!

semipenguin, HecticArt and hyson like this.
  20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Are they vampires? Vampires are hot, but zombies are hotter.

semipenguin and Ehilbert1 like this.