Fantasy Fatball 2017

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by scotchandcigar, Jan 5, 2017.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

But think of all the weight he's lose?

I ate like a pig this weekend. I'm scared to step on the scale.
    scotchandcigar likes this.
  2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I have lost 1.5 pounds off my post-Barbados weight.
  3. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

At the risk of Talking to Memebag, if one reflects that millions of people take part in these events every year and a handful of illnesses and accidents go viral, one realizes the risk is minimal. A bomb blew up at the Boston Marathon, but people still run marathons. Yes, you can ingest gross bacteria and get sick and even die. But you probably won't.

I'm not here to defend the mud industry. I'm just saying that all things carry risk. I stand a better chance of dying in a car wreck on the way back home from the race when it's dark and I'm drowsy behind the wheel.
  4. Casual Fan

That being said, there was definitely a manure component. So, shame on Spartan.
  5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I watched a program(mmmmmme) about a foreign guy who disappeared into the mud at one of those competitions here in the US.

They found him dead, of course
  6. Casual Fan

That did actually happen. It was not at a Spartan race, but another variety where you jumped off a wall into a deep pool.

Tough Mudder's First Death In Context | Outside Online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It reminds me of my motto.

"Never get off of the couch!"

Words to live by people.
    Words to live by.
  9. Casual Fan

You'll get blood clots in your legs. Then they'll go to your lungs and you'll die of a pulmonary embolism.
  10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Some people are having to get rabies shots because they found a decayed bat in their bag of salad. This just reinforces my commitment to never ever eat a salad.
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

But I won't have to crawl through manure or eat salad before I go.

Win, win.
    IdRatherBeSkiing, JHDK and memebag like this.
  12. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Still beats drowning in shitty mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HecticArt likes this.
  13. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Nothing but fresh bats in our bags of salads. I wouldn't settle for anything less.
  14. scotchandcigar

I think that talking to Memebag carries the highest risk of all the things you mentioned.

That being said, you're confusing potential risk with actual risk. Running in a public marathon carries potential risk, whereas diving into unsanitary mud is a guaranteed risk.
  15. Casual Fan

Agreed on memebag, with the added risk of mental illness, or at least a headache.

Diving into unsanitary mud is a guaranteed risk--if you're diving into unsanitary mud. If you're walking through, or sliding into, regular mud, then the risk is probably less than getting MRSA from a hospital stay, or from a scrape on your arm while doing yard work. And diving always poses a risk of injury and paralysis. The guy who died wasn't supposed to dive, but someone dumbass announcer was egging him on.

Spartan doesn't have announcers, except at the beginning, to tell you to start.

And again, our mud in Charlotte no doubt had some cow manure in it. But cow manure is fairly tame. Farm kids fling it; people in third world countries like Canada burn it. You'd really have to try to get sick from it.
  16. Casual Fan

Also, I was back at the gym today, preparing for my 10 mile Spartan Super race in West Virginia at the end of August.
    memebag likes this.
  17. scotchandcigar

It was actually in the low 80's on Monday, and near 90 yesterday. And because I care so much for Koop, I've resurrected my Photobucket account, just so I can post this dash pic.
    [​IMG]
  18. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I think the point of this is that cattle and swine feces aren't "tame".

But it's your bloody bunghole.
  19. scotchandcigar

Frampton was awesome. :clap2:
    HecticArt, semipenguin and Casual Fan like this.
  20. Casual Fan

"Although contaminated food and drinking water are more common sources of Campylobacter outbreaks, previous outbreaks have been associated with unintentional ingestion of contaminated mud or muddy water. Campylobacteriosis outbreaks were associated with two bicycle races in Norway in the 1990s, in which unintentional ingestion of dirty water splashing from bicycle wheels was implicated (8). Similarly, ingestion of mud was found the most likely cause of Campylobacter outbreaks during mountain bike races in Wales in 2008 (9) and in British Columbia in 2010 (10)."

You really should have your bicycle tested.
    memebag and IdRatherBeSkiing like this.