Fantasy Fatball 2019

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
A bit late in the year to start this but whatever.

I'm fat as shit. I eat like a child and do no serious exercise. The reason for my breakup should have been because I'm a disgusting fat cow. I graze like a freaking cow.

Here is a candid shot of me at work today:

1565501624956.png

This needs to end.

I've decided to start intermittent fasting. I began yesterday and went 10 straight hours with nothing but water. Today I managed 14 hours. And that's without counting sleeping hours. I need to keep it to only eating 2 times a day at most. No snacks/grazing period.

This is the lazy man's diet. I can just not eat for long stretches of the day. At least to start I'm fat enough that I should drop weight rather quickly.

Who knows if I'll stick with it but for now it's a fun challenge.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You will actually get fatter because of this. You will trigger your starvation mode in your body. It will make your body super efficient at storing sugar and carbs as fat so it can absorb it later. When you do eat, it will turn more of what you eat to fat.

You are better off reducing your sugars. If you drink soft drinks, you can lose 10 lbs a year by just not drinking them. I have done it. I have made it like 8 months before getting re-addicted. But when I wasn't drinking I was losing weight. Damn dollar drink days.

• Wow
Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It's ok to let yourself get a little hungry, but don't starve yourself.
Get back on your bike!

I'm back up to 207ish and need to drop some pounds too.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I actually have to do this at work. I'm running 3 units and it's so busy for me, I go 9, 10, 12 hours in a day without eating there My body has assimilated to a morning meal and midnight snack during the week and enjoying meal life on the weekend.. So despite my food and leisure talk around here, I'm actually doing well. I'm a little short of 5'8, 58 years old and fit into size 32, normal bmi. I just say as long as your health stats are fine and you have a good personality, why worry.
But if you want to go for it, JHDK, go for it. I'd be happy to track my Planet Fitness visits and exercise activities with you here on this thread for the rest of the year.
We have fall coming up here soon and it's a great time to bike and visit the walking trails up here.

I'd agree with IRBS though, cutting the sugar and little activity will go get really good results.

Reactions: Aaron and JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Get back on your bike!
That is a fantastic idea! I did it out of necessity but I also enjoyed a good chunk of my bike rides a few years back. Right now it's just sitting in my closet.

I know it's kinda embarrassing, but walking around Disney is a pretty good workout as far as me exercising goes. I will do about 10 miles walking tomorrow.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I just say as long as your health stats are fine and you have a good personality, why worry.
But if your personality is crap, binge and purge. You hear that, Koop?

My bike riding has been greatly reduced s8nce last fall due to allergies. I’m trying to get back to where I was before all of that happened. Being skinnier is fun. Riding long distances is, too.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Health is maybe 2% of my concern about wanting to be less of a fatso. It's 98% vanity. I just don't want to look gross.

BTW/I haven't eaten today and if you count sleeping I'm at 17 food-less hours.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread, was that you were biking a lot, but not so much now.

I'm up about a dozen pounds from when we last did this in 2017 (?). Starting with Labor day last year, it seemed like every weekend was a gathering with a buffet. We hosted a lot of those gatherings in the new house. I'd like to get the weight off again, but I haven't gotten too out of control.
I'm a little short of 5'8, 58 years old and fit into size 32.
5'8", almost 57, 33. I got down to a size 33 (from 34) with the last diet, and I'm still there, though a bit less comfortable.

I've got a couple of friends at work who are fanatical vegans. One does the fasting thing, the other is a convert from being a gourmet cook. They're both annoying; they have to constantly tell you how badly most humans eat (even though they spent most of their lives doing it). Everything is horrible, each thing is worse than the last, and they've got endless videos to watch about it. It's odd how these people can't just be happy and healthy, but they have to preach to everyone.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I've got a couple of friends at work who are fanatical vegans. One does the fasting thing, the other is a convert from being a gourmet cook. They're both annoying; they have to constantly tell you how badly most humans eat (even though they spent most of their lives doing it). Everything is horrible, each thing is worse than the last, and they've got endless videos to watch about it. It's odd how these people can't just be happy and healthy, but they have to preach to everyone.
I've always lived the you-only-live-once diet, eating for maximum taste and enjoyment. Lucky me, my metabolism has allowed me to always maintain a good weight. It may catch up to me someday though with clogged arteries and such.

Strangely enough, my brother is total opposite, a vegetarian. Thankfully though, he's not one to talk about it ad nauseam like so many others.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm a bit about moderation. Boring small breakfasts and most lunches during the week, and then I try to go for something good for dinners, especially on the weekends.

My metabolism caught up to me in my late 30's. I just can't get myself into the habit of exercising.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I am not a healthy eater. Yesterday I had the best oatmeal in the world and the best coffee in the world for breakfast. The oatmeal is toasted in butter before it is cooked.

Lunch was a giant plate of chilaquiles. For you Yankees, that’s a mess of tortilla chips, cheese and salsa fried in lard. I mixed in some fajita beef, fried potatoes, bacon and refried beans with extra lard. Washed it down with bitter iced tea.

Dinner was cold ham and cheese and a pint of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. I drank water with that.

This mornin I’m having the best coffee in the world and a three egg omelette, cooked in Super Pan.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I am not a healthy eater. Yesterday I had the best oatmeal in the world and the best coffee in the world for breakfast. The oatmeal is toasted in butter before it is cooked.

Lunch was a giant plate of chilaquiles. For you Yankees, that’s a mess of tortilla chips, cheese and salsa fried in lard. I mixed in some fajita beef, fried potatoes, bacon and refried beans with extra lard. Washed it down with bitter iced tea.

Dinner was cold ham and cheese and a pint of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. I drank water with that.

This mornin I’m having the best coffee in the world and a three egg omelette, cooked in Super Pan.
If you exercise vigorously (like biking) and don't have genetic predispositions for heart disease or cancer, you can eat like that.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Giant Fatso Update!

So I've keep it going for 8 days now. I totally failed last Monday while at Disney but I kept to it the other 7 days. I only ate twice per day at most and I got a full 24 hour fast in from 2pm Thurs to 2pm Fri. I just ate a burrito and that broke a 19 hour fast.

I lost 5 pounds. I'm happy with that. I knew it would come off pretty quick at first. It would be real nice if I can lose 5 lbs every week.

Let's see how I do in week 2.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Stay away from the churros!
Too late. I just totally broke my diet. Only 7.5 hours between meals and I at a Wawa feast of mac and cheese and a breakfast burrito. Hopefully I'll walk and sweat it all off tomorrow in the parks and then back to normal heading into my workweek.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
For obvious reasons I haven't been thinking about my diet all that much this week. However, thanks to all the physical work I've been doing cleaning out his place I still managed to lose a little weight. I'm down 9 pounds since I started. Now that the major work is done I'll need to get back to my fasting. It will be really nice to step on the scale and see a 10+ pound loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was up 3 after the German fest. Don't know how it was only 3.....It may have been that I was on my feet working for about 14 hours, but I ate a lot.

I'm actually down a pound from where I was before the feast, but I don't think that will last through the day.