Fantasy Fatball 2020

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It's a slow recovery. Standing, walking, breathing comfortably all take effort. My meds have been off and my BP is consistently low, which makes me lethargic. But I should get to be better than before, over time.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Sorry to hear about the recovery struggle. Like you said, I'm sure you'll bounce back soon enough.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Remember how I said I thought I looked good for the first time in a Walmart freezer aisle reflection? Well a couple days ago I went and got a haircut cause I wanted to look good (a nearly impossible task, I know) before I saw the ex to give her a ridiculously expensive Burberry birthday present (but that's a story for another time). Anyway, when I was looking at myself in the hair cutter's mirror I looked awful, like a deflated balloon. When I'm sitting I will now need to make an effort not to slouch cause I did look a bit better while sitting up straight.

Oh and 119 even today. Took me 2 days to drop another pound.

Oh x2. I was feeling good about getting to 220 a couple days ago so for the first time since I started walking again I jogged a bit. I did a total of 6 miles on my walk and while not all at once, I probably jogged for about a mile of that. I did it again last night too. It really drops my mile times. I average in the 15-16 minute range now with my all time record set yesterday at 13:23. I'm trying to jog during my morning walks now too but those are always the harder ones since the sun is usually out. I've probably managed about .75 miles of jogging per morning walk. And my legs are sore now.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
While I'm at the point where I can still drop weight somewhat quick when I really work at it, it is by no means as easy as it was when I was much fatter.

On the other hand, it's as easy as ever for me to gain a ton in just 1 day. Yesterday I was 219 and today I was 220.6. Now I know why, I ate a little more than normal yesterday but the real thing was I only did about 2.3 miles last night instead of my usual 6+. Even though I've been doing at least 4 miles/day since 7.12 and I've been doing 8+/day for about the past 2 months, starting to jog has taken a toll. My legs are sore now and as a result I wasn't feeling doing 6 last night. I have a feeling the 1.6 is a lot of water weight. I sweat out a ton of weight on my night walks and cutting it down by 2/3 doesn't get all of that out of me like normal.

I'll be making a real effort to not eat much today and get back to my normal 6 tonight.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Fasting like you're doing seems like it makes it much easier to bring the pounds back quickly when you eat again.
Hugh Jackman was saying that when he was jacked to do the Wolverine movies, it was impossible to keep the weight off and in shape for more than a couple of days if he wasn't constantly keeping up with the strict workouts and diet.

I'm thinking that if you're able to get in more miles than you used to and are getting a bit of jogging in, you're probably starting to get some muscle build up that you didn't have when you were more sloth like. Muscle weighs more than fat, so that may may be making it seem like you're losing weight slower than you think.

I'm only doing 2.5 - 3 miles on the treadmill and still can't get into the habit of getting on it more than once a week.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You're comparing Koop to Hugh Jackman? :laugh:

Yea, right? How dare he compare me to some Australian criminal.

(Cause all Australians are British criminals.)

Fasting like you're doing seems like it makes it much easier to bring the pounds back quickly when you eat again.

I'm not really fasting anymore. I haven't been for a long time now. I eat twice a day around 2 and 7. In the morning I drink a lot of water and coffee that fills me up and I try not to snack at all but if I do I go for a clementine or something healthy, but I never have any food after my night walk. It still feels like cheating cause if I don't eat from the start of my night walk, when I get back from the morning walk I am as light as I can possibly be before I weigh myself for the day.

And some good news, I bought my first XL shirt yesterday and it fits well! Down from 4X when I started. I also got a pair of basketball shorts in L. I first got And1 shorts and L was too big. I exchanged them for a Reebok L and they fit perfectly.

I'm only doing 2.5 - 3 miles on the treadmill and still can't get into the habit of getting on it more than once a week.

Dude, you're 6'4, 200. That's great. You don't need to be going crazy with walks like me.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You're comparing Koop to Hugh Jackman? :laugh:
I hadn't quite pictured it as an actual comparison, but now that you mention it, it's a pretty funny image.
Yea, right? How dare he compare me to some Australian criminal.

(Cause all Australians are British criminals.)

I'm not really fasting anymore. I haven't been for a long time now. I eat twice a day around 2 and 7. In the morning I drink a lot of water and coffee that fills me up and I try not to snack at all but if I do I go for a clementine or something healthy, but I never have any food after my night walk. It still feels like cheating cause if I don't eat from the start of my night walk, when I get back from the morning walk I am as light as I can possibly be before I weigh myself for the day.

And some good news, I bought my first XL shirt yesterday and it fits well! Down from 4X when I started. I also got a pair of basketball shorts in L. I first got And1 shorts and L was too big. I exchanged them for a Reebok L and they fit perfectly.

Dude, you're 6'4, 200. That's great. You don't need to be going crazy with walks like me.
The older you get, the harder it is to keep things from getting out of control.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Argh, it's pouring out. I'm going to get soaked on my walk. I waited long enough, usually I'm back home by now. It's not going to stop raining. Whatever, at least it's cool out at 73 so that's nice.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
217.2 today!

I started writing down my weight daily on 8.22 when I was 249.4. Exactly 2 months later I'm down 32.2 lbs!

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just beat my fastest mile time twice in the same jog! Going into tonight my record was 13:02.

Tonight I did a total of 6.09 miles. My 4th mile was 12:14 and then my 6th mile was 11:56.

Good stuff!

And I needed it too because I pounded an entire Little Caesars today in one sitting. But it is the only thing I will eat today so not that bad I guess seeing how between my two walks I did a total of 10.67 miles today.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good for you.
I was at 196 Saturday morning. Did 3.25 miles on the treadmill. Had sushi for dinner. Weighed 200 this morning.
:idk:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah. Before the COVID hit, I was talking to the owner of one of the sushi restaurants we go to. He said I can almost keep up with a customer of his that‘s a football player. Other than that, I don’t have a lot of competition.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So who would have ever thought that eating an entire pizza is not a great way to lose weight? Even with all my exercise yesterday I was only down 0.2lbs day over day. 218.4 today.

Did 3.25 miles on the treadmill.

Forget about the sushi, you're back on the treadmill! That's good stuff. You talked a lot about not feeling it lately so it's good to hear you did it.