#FirstWorldProblems

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Our stupid local station keeps cutting off a few seconds of the show by coming in late after commercial breaks. Amateurs.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The monolouge was great with the powerhouse comedian guests showing up. I also really liked this sketch:

That sketch was good, but it was ruined for me by SNL itself. They run a classic episode at 10pm, before the new live show. The one they ran was from a year ago, with Matt Damon as host. It was an excellent episode, and it included the exact same bit, where a couple was talking nicely about the day, with flashbacks to complete bedlam.

I have 2 problems with Murphy:
1) He waited too long, there's no reasonable excuse. A David Spade wise crack in '91 is not an acceptable reason.
2) Murphy's a comedy genius, but his SNL repertoire is thin. He basically did all of his bits on Saturday.

Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I thought the Sandler bit was lame and pandering too.
I think Murphy did what people wanted him to do.
With all of the hosts we see over and over each year, Murphy should have been on 15 years ago.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Joaquin Phoenix can be proud of me. I have never taken a private jet to Palm Springs. But those poor, poor celebrities – how can he ask them to make such huge sacrifices?

Joaquin Phoenix calls on celebrities to make sacrifices:
'We don't have to take private jets to Palm Springs'

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I thought she just wanted to look like Britney Spears or Sinéad O'Connor. It turns out Ricki Lake has been going through a "quiet hell." Poor baby!

View attachment 5911

IDK, I think a woman, any woman but especially a woman with some fame, losing her hair is more than a first world problem. I get it, she doesn't have to worry about her next meal or anything like that, but still it's kinda a big deal.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Margarita Ibrahimoff, better known as Rita Wilson, panicked yesterday when her hair-and-makeup team was late. Daisy Fuentes, Julianne Moore, Kate Bosworth and other celebrities at the Golden Globes ceremony sympathized with her. On Twitter and Instagram, ordinary people are calling her self-absorbed and reminding her that there are more important things to worry about.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Demanding that your kid's doll has the same condition as your kid seems like a #firstworldproblem. And notice that none of them are fat, unlike the 40% of kids who are.