HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
FOODIE ALERT!!!!!

I just discovered grilled avocados!
They = 100% yum.

Slice avocado in two
Apply a little lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, and chipotle. (Or season to taste.)
Grill flesh side down for 4 or 5 minutes.
Flip and add fresh cilantro and a light drizzle of taco sauce.
Remove from grill after about a minute.
Top with pico de gallo and serve warm.

Hot damn tamale Ahab, I've got a new specialty for the grill.Grilled Avocado.jpg

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
For awhile now I've been really good at grocery shopping.

I know Aldi is by far the cheapest place but they have a very limited supply of stuff and the vast majority is off brand which is fine in many instances but I stick to Walmart and Publix store brands.

So I did some grocery shopping today and this is how it's gone for the past few months now. I root through the Publix weekly ad and buy only stuff that's BOGO. Like today I spent $43 there and saved $40 (I had to buy a non-BOGO tomato). Then I head over to Walmart for all the other stuff since everything is cheaper over there. I spent another $40 over there. I now have a solid stock of food for $80. I always get a kick out of the Publix receipt saying I saved as much or almost as much as I spent.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yum. My smoker was starting to fall apart, so I got rid of it. I haven’t gotten around to replacing it, but that makes me wish I had.

And Sweet Baby Rays is the best store-bought sauce I’ve found. It’s great on grilled pork chops.

Reactions: goreds2

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Yum. My smoker was starting to fall apart, so I got rid of it. I haven’t gotten around to replacing it, but that makes me wish I had.

And Sweet Baby Rays is the best store-bought sauce I’ve found. It’s great on grilled pork chops.
I have this Master Built portable electric smoker. It was $79. Not sure why they don't sell it any longer. Maybe they want you to buy the more expensive models. It is great because it is easy to take camping etc.

EDIT: In my opinion, you don't have to buy the most expensive smoker to get great results.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i just ordered a delicious pep pie and mutz sticks from poppys but i cant wait so now i am eating cheese from a bag like a land beast

im also watching batman, so a win and a loss.

overall good day...im getting pizza and sticks.

also im gonna get super fat so i will have to fix that later cause i plan to pound this entire thing right as it arrives.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I ordered 8 pot pies from a deli in Ann Arbor Sunday. They will get delivered on the 18th.
It's worse than ordering a new phone and having to wait for it to show up.

Best

Pot

Pies

In

The

UNIVERSE!!!!!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They have a food truck and are driving to Toledo in a couple of weeks.
They will be frozen and I'll be able to enjoy them for a couple of weeks.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I am very close....like I'm pretty much decided I'm doing it...F the diet I'm ordering a Poppy's pie and going to pound the whole thing.

It's Christmas and New Year's. Let's celebrate with cheese and carbs.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I may have mentioned a high school friend I reconnected with a few years ago. He and his wife live in Philly, but they vacation up here at least twice a year. They always find a dog-friendly place to stay (or stay with us).

This year, no trips up. But they asked us to go to The Holy Donut The Holy Donut | Donuts made by hand in Portland, Maine
and air mail a box of a dozen to them. Yesterday, I made the 45 minute trip to the Scarborough location. I brought the box to the post office. Almost 5 lbs without the shipping box; 5.5 lbs packaged to ship. The overnight shipping was $53. They really wanted these donuts.

• Wow

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I did mustard and brown sugar glazed pork tenderloin tonight. I've never cooked them in the oven before and haven't done the glaze thing either. I roasted them with red skin potatoes, onion, baby carrots, and onion. It was pretty easy and tasted great.

Followed that up with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I figure that I'm back to the grind on Monday, so I won't have an much time to cook big.

Those slow cooker ribs will be coming up in the near future though.