Foodies

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I never thought to check. :thumbup:
I'll have to.
Memegirl and I used to enjoy wandering around the aisles at the Asian grocery store near the movie theater, back before the movie theater moved to the booji mall. Our favorite aisles were candy and cookies. Also the BuBee Fat Ants.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Memegirl and I used to enjoy wandering around the aisles at the Asian grocery store near the movie theater, back before the movie theater moved to the booji mall. Our favorite aisles were candy and cookies. Also the BuBee Fat Ants.
Boy, I don't know what half of that means.....

The last couple of times I went to an Asian market it was for stuff to make sushi (it's been years) or Thai food.
I need to make Thai again.......and buy fancy Kit Kats.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
booji - upscale or bourgeoisie
BuBee Fat Ants - a line of products

57b43daf5995d.jpg

Reactions: HecticArt

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
It's a good time to be someone that enjoys gourmet cooking. I'm seeing items in grocery stores, especially small town stores, that you rarely saw years ago.

Two weeks ago, the local store had ground bison - made a chili with that.
Last week they had oxtail. Braised that in a stew until it was super tender and tasty.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Two weeks ago, the local store had ground bison - made a chili with that.
Last week they had oxtail. Braised that in a stew until it was super tender and tasty.

Not sure how I feel about oxtail but I can get down with a bison burger.

Reactions: Aaron

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I’ve been to three restaurants that have been on that show. Langford Grocery is just meh. Cool Runnings is very good. Magnolia Pancake Haus is so good I spend a week or two in San Antonio every year just to eat breakfast there as much as I can.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I know I'm no chef but I am trying to eat healthier these days. The Ramen is a bit of a carb bomb. I probably shouldn't put cheese on the salad but the dressing is lite and everything else is what I deem healthy.

All told, it's a lot better than Moe's or a Quarter Pounder with fries.

Also I'm kinda proud of this meal. It looks good.

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I know I'm no chef but I am trying to eat healthier these days. The Ramen is a bit of a carb bomb. I probably shouldn't put cheese on the salad but the dressing is lite and everything else is what I deem healthy.

All told, it's a lot better than Moe's or a Quarter Pounder with fries.

Also I'm kinda proud of this meal. It looks good.

Good looking meal Koop.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I made a big batch of my killer 3 meat chili last weekend. We freeze a bunch of it to have over the next several months. I ate the last of the unfrozen stuff last night. On a whim, I decided to fry an egg to throw on top of it. It was really good that way! Kinda like putting an egg on a hamburger. I highly recommend it.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I made a big batch of my killer 3 meat chili last weekend. We freeze a bunch of it to have over the next several months. I ate the last of the unfrozen stuff last night. On a whim, I decided to fry an egg to throw on top of it. It was really good that way! Kinda like putting an egg on a hamburger. I highly recommend it.
Can't wait to see your Fantasy Fatball update.

• Haha