Foodies

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Been living on my own for nearly a week now. The first few days I didn't felt like making dinner and ordering take out.

Now the past couple of days, been making nachos to pasta.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Like most of the threads here, this one's gone straight to the dumpster.

You're a meanie.

Been living on my own for nearly a week now. The first few days I didn't felt like making dinner and ordering take out.

Now the past couple of days, been making nachos to pasta.

Are you still with that good looking guy you showed us? If so, you won't be living alone for long.

I hear ya. Nachos, pasta, all easy and cheap and tasty options. What do you put on the pasta? I was eating pasta with bottled ragu sauce and cheese. I would also cook some ground beef for it. But that shit will make you fat real quick.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Are you still with that good looking guy you showed us? If so, you won't be living alone for long.

I hear ya. Nachos, pasta, all easy and cheap and tasty options. What do you put on the pasta? I was eating pasta with bottled ragu sauce and cheese. I would also cook some ground beef for it. But that shit will make you fat real quick.

No, I dumped his ass. He was racist against ketchup.

I prefer to make my own sauce, not much of a fan of bottled sauce products.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
No, I dumped his ass. He was racist against ketchup.

I prefer to make my own sauce, not much of a fan of bottled sauce products.

Hmm...Sorry to hear it man. I'm sure you will find someone new soon enough...aka me.

Never even tried to make pasta sauce. Seems hard. Do you use canned tomatoes and season them or chop tomatoes and all the other ingredients?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Stuff I've cooked recently:

Homemade Crawfish Bread
Rasta Pasta
Steak Diane
Jamaican Oxtail Stew

I had to look up crawfish bread, looks delicious. I'm not a huge fan of oxtail but the others also sound good.

Reactions: Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
When I was a kid we made these open face cheese sandwiches. I can't remember what kind of cheese we used though..... (Maybe Monterey Jack....)
Anyway, open face, white bread (go figure), a little Lawry's seasoning salt, throw them under the broiler for a minute or two till the cheese is bubbling and a bit browned.

Really tasty childhood memory and no frying pan to clean up.

Reactions: JHDK

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
You're a meanie.
I'm half kidding. I'm interested in whatever you want to share about your meals. It's just that "foodies" implies fancy cuisine, such as
Homemade Crawfish Bread
Rasta Pasta
Steak Diane
Jamaican Oxtail Stew

But don't let that stop you. Mrs Scotch is a fantastic cook, and that's a big reason she landed her sweet job as a house manager for a pair of wealthy retired lawyers. But all I did was marry her. My own cooking skills are about the same as yours. I'm really good at grilling stuff on the gas grill, but that mostly involves standing there while drinking a beer and smoking a cigar. So while I eat well, I can't claim any cooking ability myself.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Hmm...Sorry to hear it man. I'm sure you will find someone new soon enough...aka me.

Never even tried to make pasta sauce. Seems hard. Do you use canned tomatoes and season them or chop tomatoes and all the other ingredients?

I just use can tomato sauce and paste, with different varieties of seasoning. It might sound bland, but TBH I have made my sauce for friends, family and my former roommates and they really like it. It has a very sweet taste to it. Because I use brown sugar.

Only time I use tomatoes, is when I need to make thicker marinara sauce.

Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
granulated brown sugar is delicious.
There you are. We were getting ready to send out a search party.

This is funny. I hadn’t even thought of those cheese sandwiches in years until that post Friday.

I was talking to a friend I grew up with on Sunday, and for some reason, he asked if I remembered the jack cheese sandwiches I used to make when we were kids. That’s freaky weird. I half expect to see adds on Facebook for them, but damn.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
She will scratch your face for some of the turkey sandwich.

I think I'm going to have some leftover ribs for lunch before I go mow the lawn.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Wanted to get some sausage today but then remembered I try not to eat pork and most sausages are pork. So I got a couple packs of my go to Hebrew Nationals but then saw this:

1594863483666.png

I know it's a pork casing but whatever, they looked pretty good in the package and are mostly beef so I figured I'd give them a try. I'll probably have a couple for lunch tomorrow.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Pigs are tasty!

Now that my German American Festival is cancelled for the year, I need to find someplace that makes a good weisswurst in town.
I've got their potato pancake recipe, and need to look for s schnitzel recipe too.