Gay News

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It's no fun if you're trying to get one........ It may cost you the next one the next time you actually earn it.

......and I'd watch that video.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Disturbing and sad

A teen’s intimate messages to another boy were leaked by classmates. Hours later, he killed himself, his family says
That is sad. But it is not new. People got bullied for anything and everything back in the days when I went to school. I was on the receiving end of a lot of it. Today people seem to have thinner skins. Perhaps because now there is all the anti-bullying stuff kids are fed in grade school they have the mistaken belief that the system will protect them and they let their guards down. Or perhaps the interweb and social media magnify the humiliation. When I was bullied only the people doing it or watching it knew. With social media everybody knows. Also it was not over LGBTQ2S+ issues. Perhaps those are more sensitive. But it just seems that there are more suicides now than then.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
That is sad. But it is not new. People got bullied for anything and everything back in the days when I went to school. I was on the receiving end of a lot of it. Today people seem to have thinner skins. Perhaps because now there is all the anti-bullying stuff kids are fed in grade school they have the mistaken belief that the system will protect them and they let their guards down. Or perhaps the interweb and social media magnify the humiliation. When I was bullied only the people doing it or watching it knew. With social media everybody knows. Also it was not over LGBTQ2S+ issues. Perhaps those are more sensitive. But it just seems that there are more suicides now than then.
I got bullied as well. My parents never knew, most of my friends never knew, hardly anyone knew or cared. But I never had my deepest secrets outed to the world. Especially growing up in a place where it's not accepted.

I actually contemplated suicide quite often as a kid. I think many kids do. But it never got to the point where I felt I had no options, like this kid did.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
On June 7 – Go look! – I posted a story about four teenaged boys attacking a lesbian couple on a London bus. Charges were dropped against one of the boys. As for the other minging blokes, cor, they're going to get a right bloody bollocking and will probably throw a wobbly.