Glad to have The Groove now

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I have been listening to The Groove for about thirty minutes now, and I really like it! It's a much better "old school" channel than Soul Town! Too bad Sirius doesn't get it. I guess that's one reason I ditched my Sirius radio for an XM one...to get more channels!

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If you notice the glaring absence of late 70s and 80s R&B on SIRIUS, then you need to contact Sirius XM (Jon Zellner, Kid Kelly, programming) and ask for The Groove to be brought over to the Sirius side. Please, this is the only option, if no one asks it wont happen. They brought Backspin & Strobe back because people complained about missing music genres. Well, Sirius has no late 70s and 80s classic R&B offered, while XM does with the Groove. The solution is simple. JZellner@sirius.com KKelly@sirius.com

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
As mentioned min another thread, Soul Town is now playing some stuff that really could belong on The Groove. I fear this channel is in danger on January 15 when The Strobe and Backspin return. It could 've quietly became a casulty.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
If you notice the glaring absence of late 70s and 80s R&B on SIRIUS, then you need to contact Sirius XM (Jon Zellner, Kid Kelly, programming) and ask for The Groove to be brought over to the Sirius side. Please, this is the only option, if no one asks it wont happen. They brought Backspin & Strobe back because people complained about missing music genres. Well, Sirius has no late 70s and 80s classic R&B offered, while XM does with the Groove. The solution is simple. JZellner@sirius.com KKelly@sirius.com

I'll definitely do that. Seems like the 80s channel was showing some progress in playing actual pop music from all genres but has quickly gone back to it's old tricks of playing "classic rock"....which already has a channel! INXS was great but they are not nearly as important as the "Big Three", Micheal Jackson, Prince and Madonna! Yet it seems like they get played far more than all three combined! And now that they seemed to have gotten rid of BOTH their countdown shows as well as any special programming playing anything different on the channel, what they offer is very limited. The 90s channel is the way it should be modeled. Lots of pop and variety!

crazeecarroll

Oct 18, 2008
I've been listening to this ch online and I hope sirius adds it next update.
I would also love to have Sirius add The Groove!!! Had the chance to listen to it when I was at my parents house back in March and it is a good compliment to The Strobe... I just wish Sirius would get their head out of their ass and get back to good programming... CC

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Hate to dig this one up, but didn't want to start another thread! I am so much into the GROVE, this is a great channel. I still can't believe it isn't available on the Sirius side. What a pity!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Hate to dig this one up, but didn't want to start another thread! I am so much into the GROOVE, this is a great channel. I still can't believe it isn't available on the Sirius side. What a pity!

I'm still disappointed I've never gotten to listen to this one...

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have been after Sirius for ages, get this on their lineup!! 22 Rock channels but we cant have an R&B channel that features 70s and 80s music? What a joke!!

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I have been after Sirius for ages, get this on their lineup!! 22 Rock channels but we cant have an R&B channel that features 70s and 80s music? What a joke!!

Psshhh!! The same 8 to 10 songs that replay on Hip-Hop Nation aren't enough for you?!?

LOL!!

:Smiley_wink:

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Psshhh!! The same 8 to 10 songs that replay on Hip-Hop Nation aren't enough for you?!?

LOL!!

:Smiley_wink:

I am too old for hip hop nation, I want oldskool R&B music from late 70s and 80s, and so do my black friends my age who gave up on Sirius.... talk about a slap in the face!!