Happy Memorial Day 2019!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hope you all have the day off and enjoy the start of summer!

memorial-day3.jpg

memorial-day.jpg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I know I say this all the time , but here I go again.

I will be having a dinner with the old man. Gotta make every holiday count these days. I plan to have salad, mac and cheese, mash, asparagus and cheese stuffed chicken breasts and our Koopman family tradition of a Publix apple pie (that we get for every holiday).

It should be a good day.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Not too much going on today.
Mowing the lawn, doing some chores, playing some guitar.
Would have grilled, but the forecasts said it was going to rain all weekend.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Danny Sjursen, a retired Army major, Iraq veteran and regular contributor to Truthdig, laments in a Los Angeles Times editorial that we are engaged "in a series of forever wars that continue to claim new lives" and "we're not winning any of them." Despite the "continuing wars in the Middle East," Americans are no safer now than on 9/11, he writes. His essay's title says it all:

The best way America can honor its fallen soldiers is to create fewer of them

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Danny Sjursen, a retired Army major, Iraq veteran and regular contributor to Truthdig, laments in a Los Angeles Times editorial that we are engaged "in a series of forever wars that continue to claim new lives" and "we're not winning any of them." Despite the "continuing wars in the Middle East," Americans are no safer now than on 9/11, he writes. His essay's title says it all:

The best way America can honor its fallen soldiers is to create fewer of them
Let me put this in terms you can understand:

sml_gallery_6715_150_20957.jpg

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Beach and barbecue yesterday, beach today.
The beach didn't work out today. There was a fog of cold mist coming off the ocean. Away from the beach, it was warm and sunny.

We went back home, and sunned ourselves on the back deck, with tunes and beer.

Every time we crossed over I-95, we looked down at the miles of traffic going southbound. Good times.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
"Debbie Downer," eh? I can understand wishing others a happy birthday, a merry Christmas or a happy Thanksgiving – but "Happy Memorial Day"? Today is a day to honor and memorialize United States service members who have died in combat. Memorial Day is not supposed to be a "happy" day. But far be it from me to spoil anyone's fun. You guys can go ahead with your plans to decorate your Memorial Day trees, open your Memorial Day presents and go Memorial Day caroling in your neighborhood. Here is a brief history of Memorial Day:

Memorial Day

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Memorial Day is supposed to be a day to remember those service men and women who have fallen in war or conflict.

I would rather tell someone to have a "Good" Memorial Day.

VFW likes to give out Buddy Poppies. Donate and get yourself one.

Buddy Poppy

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I thought you were referring to me as Debbie Downer. I can be overly sensitive sometimes. For the most part, I do agree with Danny Sjursen's assessment of the futility of all the wars we're involved in. The United States isn't winning them. in fact, the US hasn't won a war since 1945.

AMERICA HAS WON ITS LAST WAR