HecticArt Wonderful Architecture Work

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They used company money for the enhancements, and they were drinking on the job.
It sounds like there was other stuff going on that there shouldn't have been too.
IF they were just using an empty store room for their breaks, and they brought their own furniture, TV, and fridge, then sure, give them a warning.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In Norwegian, the fairy tale The Three Billy Goats Gruff is known as De Tre Bukkene Bruse. In 1948, 19 people died in the crash of a flying boat named Bukken Bruse. A Norwegian ferry that operated from 1961 to 2003 was named Bukken Bruse. It is now docked in Copenhagen and has been turned into a home. To me, "bukken bruse" sounds like something that would happen to a rodeo rider.

1602131634738.png

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I know Ingel’s work, and think I spent a drunken night watching the sun come up where they park their house.
For as crazy as their buildings are, I thought they might be a bit more adventurous with the renovation of the boat. It seems pretty nice though.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I think it was my dad's cousin or someone related to him that we visited in The Netherlands had a second house that was a houseboat. It was 2 floors and like a normal 2 bedroom home except it was on this pretty lake. It didn't have a motor or anything so it would have to be towed if it wanted to go anywhere. The difference between it and a normal house (besides it floating) is that a lot of the walls were glass which really made the view amazing. They had a real, small boat too so we played around on the lake for a few hours one day. It was fun.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think it was my dad's cousin or someone related to him that we visited in The Netherlands had a second house that was a houseboat. It was 2 floors and like a normal 2 bedroom home except it was on this pretty lake. It didn't have a motor or anything so it would have to be towed if it wanted to go anywhere. The difference between it and a normal house (besides it floating and lots of spiders) is that a lot of the walls were glass which really made the view amazing. They had a real, small boat too so we played around on the lake for a few hours one day. It was fun.
FIFY

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
As much as I've overloaded on HGTV, I'm finding the new series, Selling the Big Easy, very interesting. I hope Aaron is aware of it. It's about shopping for a house in and around the historic district of New Orleans. What makes it interesting is that they are looking at multi-million dollar homes, and the homes are grand and elaborate. I just don't know if they'll stay above water.

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
As much as I've overloaded on HGTV, I'm finding the new series, Selling the Big Easy, very interesting. I hope Aaron is aware of it. It's about shopping for a house in and around the historic district of New Orleans. What makes it interesting is that they are looking at multi-million dollar homes, and the homes are grand and elaborate. I just don't know if they'll stay above water.
Wouldn't the series kind of end once they find the house and buy it?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This Miami Beach mansion has six bedrooms, seven bathrooms and a two-story pool and is on the market for only $10,900,000. What a deal! It's described as a "single-family home" but I think there might be just enough room for two families.

1603498257668.png

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
From that pic it looks like it's on the intracoastal, not the ocean. If I had millions like that I would want ocean view all day.

And that pool is awesome.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I saw that today.
That's cool as hell!

Looking at the building though, it kinda see,s like it might have been cheaper to rebuild it than to move it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Looking at the building though, it kinda see,s like it might have been cheaper to rebuild it than to move it.

That's what I was thinking. And China doesn't seem adverse to quickly building large new buildings.