All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That one isn't too bad on the inside. It looks like it's packed in pretty close to the neighbors, especially the one with the giant greenhouse.

She's got a Giacometti. Nice!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Wow. That's another crazy building for Dubai.
It's pretty bold and over the top, but doesn't quite get to that ostentatious point that a lot of their buildings get to.

Reactions: semipenguin

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I just learned (from my town's social media forum, no less) that the final home pictured in the opening scenes of HGTV's My Lottery Dream Home (the show we love to hate) is an oceanfront house in our town. It's the one that they plaster the gaudy show title over.

ldh.jpg

In the satellite image, you can see that the house, which is on the Cape Neddick peninsula, has a perfect view of the famous Nubble Lighthouse. In fact, it's right next to a hotel where people pay big money for that view.

All I know about the house is that it's a private residence, it was built in 1998, and last sold in 2017. There's no indication that it was bought by a lottery winner.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I just learned (from my town's social media forum, no less) that the final home pictured in the opening scenes of HGTV's My Lottery Dream Home (the show we love to hate) is an oceanfront house in our town. It's the one that they plaster the gaudy show title over.

View attachment 6911

In the satellite image, you can see that the house, which is on the Cape Neddick peninsula, has a perfect view of the famous Nubble Lighthouse. In fact, it's right next to a hotel where people pay big money for that view.

All I know about the house is that it's a private residence, it was built in 1998, and last sold in 2017. There's no indication that it was bought by a lottery winner.
The host is so unapologetically and flamboyantly gay, it’s so easy to like the show, or not like it.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The host is so unapologetically and flamboyantly gay, it’s so easy to like the show, or not like it.
I think at some point the producers said "we give up, do whatever you want". His clothes and tattoos get more ridiculous each episode. And while that's goofy, it's not why the show annoys me. It's all the carrying on about how these poor shlubs are now rich, and can afford this and that. It's just a lot of loudness and fake laughing.