Help

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Thanks, Wolfie!

Anytime!

Now no more hurricanes and tornadoes near yea, we don't want to see yea flying around on a bike!

wizardofozgif001.gif

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
The ride was this weekend. Saturday I did 95 miles solo with a broken rib and messed up shoulder. I was slow. I cramped. But I made it.

After dinner last night our team commandeered a big room, finagled some free beer and watched the Astros win the ALCS.

This morning I planned to ride 76 miles back to Baytown, but the forecast showed heavy rain, wind, hail and lightning. At breakfast I decicded to abandon. Most of my team had already abandoned and the course would be sparsely populated. Thirty minutes after the start I began to regret not riding. An hour later 50 mph gusts hit Galveston Island and forced the BAtB organizers to cancel the ride. The riders had to shelter in place until buses and SAG wagons could pick them up. All of my regret evaporated.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
The ride was this weekend. Saturday I did 95 miles solo with a broken rib and messed up shoulder. I was slow. I cramped. But I made it.

After dinner last night our team commandeered a big room, finagled some free beer and watched the Astros win the ALCS.

This morning I planned to ride 76 miles back to Baytown, but the forecast showed heavy rain, wind, hail and lightning. At breakfast I decicded to abandon. Most of my team had already abandoned and the course would be sparsely populated. Thirty minutes after the start I began to regret not riding. An hour later 50 mph gusts hit Galveston Island and forced the BAtB organizers to cancel the ride. The riders had to shelter in place until buses and SAG wagons could pick them up. All of my regret evaporated.

Riders on the storm

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Yeah, we usually finish in the top 3 or 4. We have a big team. I've heard overall MS 150 participation is low this year. Oil companies aren't pitching in as much as they used to. But the Saint Arnold team filled up in a week or two, I think. Obviously the beer has something to do with it. Also our training ride coordinator does a stellar job. He coordinates the training rides and brings the beer.

So long as we beat Karbach I'm happy.