Herbie Hancock Radio

Discussion in 'Jazz, Blues, Standards, Ambient' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Apr 26, 2012.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]
    Hancock in concert at the Nice Jazz Festival 2010

On Real Jazz SXM 67

Hosted by Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Marcus Miller, Terence Blanchard, Bennie Maupin and more, "Herbie Hancock Radio" will feature everything from Hancock's Oscar® winning score for the movie Round Midnight to his 2007 Grammy® winning Album of the Year, River: The Joni Letters. In addition, as part of the tribute, listeners will hear a special live broadcast of SiriusXM's Live From Jazz at Lincoln Center hosted by Terence Blanchard and featuring the music of Herbie's longtime friend and collaborator, Wayne Shorter with his Quartet.

"Herbie Hancock Radio," the 4-day takeover of Real Jazz, launches this Friday, April 27th at 9am ET ending at 12:00am ET on Tuesday, May 1.

For more information on Herbie Hancock, visit Herbie Hancock | LegacyRecordings.com and Herbie Hancock : Home
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Herbie's a bad ass! I'll have to check it out.
    Thanks.
  3. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

That's the way to do a channel takeover > 3-4 days. Makes you like the artist even more. I actually like Pearl Jam, Bruce & The Dead much less since their channels are 24/7.
  4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's how FM radio sounds to me. Short list of artists, and they only believe that each artist only ever recorded 3 songs. Zep, Who, Skynyrd, AC/DC song one, Zep, Who, Skynyrd, AC/DC song two, Zep, Who, Skynyrd, AC/DC song three, rinse repeat.

The concerts on the SAC's can be fun, but if I feel like hearing a lot of stuff by someone, I'll dig into my MP3's.