History of Howard Stern Act IV

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I don't think it's crap but I'm starting to realize it is not all that special and if I DO miss something, it won't be much. I ended up cutting off a recording of the end of today's episode (it was basically a combo of "The Gay Dance Party" and what was likely Cindy Margolis and her hot friend playing strip homeless game or something (and of course, even Robin released her shirt but not quite her bra).

Yesterday's episode actually meant something to me, as this episode marks the beginning of me listening, right after "The Magic Hour" and before the gay dance party / Cindy Margolis stripping segments. It's funny, because I flashed back to driving in my car at the beginning of college, tuning in for the first time. In some ways, it doesn't seem that long ago, but in other ways, it seems a LONG time ago.

BTW, Robin's releasing of her shirt was awesome on this special just because they interrupted the clip with a special "Mr. Skin Minute" documenting the occasion, and how special it was. I laughed my ass off.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Said in Booey voice:

"Ah loft a lovah and ah loft mah beft friend, but ah gained radio platinum, boff!

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Said in Booey voice:

"Ah loft a lovah and ah loft mah beft friend, but ah gained radio platinum, boff!

It was fun listening to that again. especially the reveal from Gary that the deal for the tape he made with KROCK and Howard granted them full right to use it forever for 5 cent royalty payments to Gary.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It was fun listening to that again. especially the reveal from Gary that the deal for the tape he made with KROCK and Howard granted them full right to use it forever for 5 cent royalty payments to Gary.

Indeed. Today was great stuff.

Waaaaaaaaaay back in the day, I downloaded "The Gay Way" from Napster. It started with "back to back Backside Boys" as said by Howard. Hearing it as it was originally presented? Awesome.

The demos/practice sessions were great.

From MarksFriggin's 9/14/2001 writeup.

Yesterday it was announced that the rescuers need t-shirts, socks, shoes and many other things so Howard wondered if Daniel was going to donate some of his racist t-shirts to the rescuers. Even Daniel is smart enough to know that they wouldn't want that crap.

Daniel Carver is more radio gold. They need to have that guy on more often.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Indeed. Today was great stuff.

Waaaaaaaaaay back in the day, I downloaded "The Gay Way" from Napster. It started with "back to back Backside Boys" as said by Howard. Hearing it as it was originally presented? Awesome.

The demos/practice sessions were great.

From MarksFriggin's 9/14/2001 writeup.

Yesterday it was announced that the rescuers need t-shirts, socks, shoes and many other things so Howard wondered if Daniel was going to donate some of his racist t-shirts to the rescuers. Even Daniel is smart enough to know that they wouldn't want that crap.

Daniel Carver is more radio gold. They need to have that guy on more often.

I missed the "Gay Way" today, spent most of my time cleaning up from the snow storm. That song was great. I think Carver's life/family started falling apart ( big surprise eh?) and he stoped coming on

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Sucks that they spent so much time on Beth and so little on the ex-wife. Doesn't matter to fans that they are divorced, she's just way more interesting and just plain more important to the history of the show than Horseface Fake Tits.

Allison probably does have a stick up her ass about the show though. No reason to be lovey dovey, I would have just liked to hear her show up on the special and speak honestly about her time with Howard and her on-air appearances.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Sucks that they spent so much time on Beth and so little on the ex-wife. Doesn't matter to fans that they are divorced, she's just way more interesting and just plain more important to the history of the show than Horseface Fake Tits.

Allison probably does have a stick up her ass about the show though. No reason to be lovey dovey, I would have just liked to hear her show up on the special and speak honestly about her time with Howard and her on-air appearances.

Indeed. There's been a vibe around that there may be some sort of legal reason as to why any discussion of her is minimal. During the special, someone said that she didn't want to marry the "KOAM" but when the "Howard" she knew became the "KOAM" she wanted out. When Howard transformed into the on-air personality he is, that totally changed things for her.

In today's show, they re-aired the Son of the Beach stuff. A good show, for what it was. Cheap laughs, although the "Bobbing booey" joke was forced.

Gary trying out for a lifeguard position.
Notch: "We need you to swim out to that buoy out there."
Gary: "Which one? That boobing buoy?"

Then, a joke about Gary being a little long in the teeth.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Alison can't be talked about. It's all legal stuff. How are some people still failing to see this?
Which is why I said she probably has a stick up her ass. But many fans liked her when she was on the show, much more so than Beth. I really can't stand the way she talks. Everything is amazing.

Even if Howard doesn't want to admit it, I doubt he really wanted to stay with Alison as she aged. A pretty good indication of this is that Howard didn't marry another 56 year old. All stereotypes are based in truth, you know. He's rich and successful and will trade up.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Are those new interviews with Artie talking about filling in the Jackie chair? Or are they old does anyone now?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I haven't heard it yet today, but I'd imagine they were recorded sometime in late 2009. They probably got as much interview time from people in advance of cutting this new act together.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I haven't listened to almost any of this but the SFN people are saying Beth auditioned for Son of the Beach?

How come they've never revealed this? The story of how they met keeps changing.

And Snoozer, all these interviews are super old man. They go back to 2007.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I listened to some today and fuck Robin. Her hostility towards Jackie is just too much. Crazy bitch, leave Jackie alone.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I listened to some today and fuck Robin. Her hostility towards Jackie is just too much. Crazy bitch, leave Jackie alone.

She had to work with the guy - seems to me she has a better feeling for what the guy was like than any of us. She's no different than Howard in pointing out that Jackie was the only one that held the show hostage with his sit-outs. It did get tiresome, and I'm glad they got some new blood in there - just to prove to Jackie that he wasn't part of the Beatles. Well, if he was, it was more a part of the road crew than one of the Fab Four. And I say that as someone who likes Jackie and listens to Joke Hunt all the time.

Reactions: Snoozer

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It was weird to hear them talk about Sirius and XM how they did. The companies wanted Howard to sign with them, yet they didn't even have a single prototype radio.

Tapes of Act V should start around October 2001, or about 6-10 years ago: Artie joins the team, Howard gets censored, Artie wins the Lord of the Anal Ring Toss, Howard continues to get censored, Artie gets fatter and fatter, Janet Jackson's tit pops out, Clear Channel drops the stations, and the signing with Sirius.

As for the Staind song? I was subjected to that song several times per day during the summer of 2001. I can do without hearing that song, especially a censored version ever again, although I think ballsack radio played a version where the words were mumbled or jumbled up. Now? They probably would almost certainly have to have alternate lyrics. Bullshit....but more of that coming up in the History of Howard Act V. ;)

Last edited:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I heard some of that. Howard saying satellite sucks blah blah blah and of course Robin chiming in with the same opinion.