Holiday Music 2011

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I sure wish on the XM side they would create the Christmas Category so that all the Christmas Channels would show up in one place. I know this can be done on the XM side because XM use to do this every year. All these channels scattered all over the dial is a mess!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I sure wish on the XM side they would create the Christmas Category so that all the Christmas Channels would show up in one place. I know this can be done on the XM side because XM use to do this every year. All these channels scattered all over the dial is a mess!
Wait for the new radios.
I'm assuming they aren't doing anything different or updating anything on the eve of a major roll out.
I'm guessing that's why the apps haven't been updated like people have mentioned too.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Wait for the new radios.
I'm assuming they aren't doing anything different or updating anything on the eve of a major roll out.
I'm guessing that's why the apps haven't been updated like people have mentioned too.
Creating a category requires we wait for new radios? They can do this on the fly in about 2 seconds. This won't happen on Sirius's side because they would have to do a channel mapping update. They didn't do this last year either, so it isn't a matter of new radios. They just aren't utilizing this ability.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
There is a rumor I have seen that Holiday Traditions will move to 40's on 4 this week or at the earliest the first of December, seems quite a few older Sirius Radio's can't tune into channel 147 leaving them without the ability to hear that channel (short of internet radio if they have it)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If that's the case, then they probably won't get the Muppets channel either.
Holiday Traditions is good stuff so it would be nice for all users to get it.
I think at this point SXM probably cares very little about ancient 1.0 hardware. They want people to update their equipment so I can't see them jumping through hoops.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
Holiday Pops (ch 75) and Country Christmas (ch 58) are live today!
And what temp did they dig up to program the country channel? I've only listened for about 2 hours total and I've heard Andy Williams, Nat King Cole and Vince Guaraldi. Classics all, but it's sure as hell not country!

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
And what temp did they dig up to program the country channel? I've only listened for about 2 hours total and I've heard Andy Williams, Nat King Cole and Vince Guaraldi. Classics all, but it's sure as hell not country!
True, it's mostly country with a mix of Holly/Holiday Traditions music. I'm not complaining it's a nice mix.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Sirius XM Holiday Traditions
Paul Anka’s ‘12 Songs For 12 Days Of Christmas’ Special

Christmas Eve @ 9pm ET

The world renown artist who did it ‘My Way’…Paul Anka, visits Holiday Traditions on Christmas Eve to present a ‘12 Songs For 12 Days Of Christmas’ Special. Paul welcomes you to hear a track-by-track session of his new holiday album ‘Songs Of December’. An all-star roster of arrangers and musicians have joined the hit maker... in... the production of an instant Christmas classic…David Foster, Johnny Mandel, Patrick Williams and Chris Walden among them. Join us to hear the legendary singer telling the stories behind the creation of his lush new album, and welcome Christmas…with Paul Anka’s soundtrack to a peaceful Yule! ...

Re-airs: 9am ET and 6pm ET Christmas Day.

SlamDoor

Apr 28, 2011
If that's the case, then they probably won't get the Muppets channel either.
Holiday Traditions is good stuff so it would be nice for all users to get it.
You're exactly right about the Muppets. My OEM car stereo doesn't have any channels between 140 and 148 so I couldn't hear the Muppets. I tried to find Holiday Traditions on 147 but had no better luck with that.

This has been going on all year...since the channel lineup changes. I wasn't able to get the Halloween channel either. It's a shame because when I first got my Sirius in '08 I could receive all these channels.

I have a lifetime sub (which has just about paid for itself at this point) so I don't have much leverage to complain to SiriusXM about my lack of channels.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
40s On 4
Jonathan Schwartz 42nd Annual Christmas Show!

Sunday 12/17 Noon-4pm ET
Jonathan’s first Christmas show involved a chat between father and son. Since then he’s kept the ritual, inviting guests from across the spectrum; popular singers, songwriters, celebrities, journalists and authors to a special invitation-only event of literate talk and high-level music, both live and recorded. Planned appearances ...(subject to change) by: Judy Collins, Tim McCarver, John Pizzarelli, Jessica Molaskey, Tierney Sutton, Bill Charlap, Mike Renzi, Jason Robert Brown, Loston Harris, Charles Osgood, John Weidman, John Guare, Andrew Bergman, Marie Brenner, Deborah Solomon, Jay Leonhart, Gene Bertoncini, Bucky Pizzarelli, and more! Join the room and listen to this festive 4 hour party, as it happens - live!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Holiday Pops 75
Imani Winds with Sirius-XM holiday special

Thursday, 11/15 at 8 PM
Imani Winds is pleased to announce a special holiday program for Sirius-XM’s Pops channel (#75) to air several times in December. The Grammy-nominatied ensemble will pick up where they left off on their 2008 release This Christmas, with brand-new arrangements of holiday classics by Imani Winds’ Jeff Scott and Valerie Coleman. Imani Winds’ Monica Ellis sums it up saying the group is “thrilled to get into the Christmas spirit with Sirius-XM listeners!”

Rebroadcast: Saturday 11/17 at 6 PM; Monday 11/19 at 8 PM ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
40s On 4
Jonathan Schwartz 42nd Annual Christmas Show!

Sunday 12/17 Noon-4pm ET
Jonathan’s first Christmas show involved a chat between father and son. Since then he’s kept the ritual, inviting guests from across the spectrum; popular singers, songwriters, celebrities, journalists and authors to a special invitation-only event of literate talk and high-level music, both live and recorded. Planned appearances ...(subject to change) by: Judy Collins, Tim McCarver, John Pizzarelli, Jessica Molaskey, Tierney Sutton, Bill Charlap, Mike Renzi, Jason Robert Brown, Loston Harris, Charles Osgood, John Weidman, John Guare, Andrew Bergman, Marie Brenner, Deborah Solomon, Jay Leonhart, Gene Bertoncini, Bucky Pizzarelli, and more! Join the room and listen to this festive 4 hour party, as it happens - live!

I forgot to mention that this channel is in stereo online & iPhone app- huge difference!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Christmas Hits with Lou Christie
Mon 12/19 12:00 pm ET
Last year, Lou Christie put together an hour of some of his favorite holiday hits from the '60s, and you loved it so much, we're repeating it. Happy Holidays from Lou Christie. (2 hrs)

Rebroadcast: Thurs 12/22 6:00 pm ET; Sat 12/24 12:00 am ET; Sun 12/25 9:00 am ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Sirius XM Live @ The Show: Peter White Christmas
Saturday 12/17 8 pm ET
The annual Peter White Christmas tour is making a stop at SiriusXM! Guitarist Peter White joins Watercolors throughout the day to spin a few of his favorite holiday songs before he hits the stage alongside friends and fellow contemporary jazz stars. It’s a performance that is sure to spread holiday cheer all across America as they perform Christmas classics and fan favorites in an exclusive concert event recorded live at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA! (2 hrs)

Rebroadcast: Wednesday 12/21 9 pm ET , Saturday 12/24 6 pm ET